Complaint Review: Colonial Home Warranty

• Updated: Mon, March 24, 2014

• Reported By: norbert007 — Houston Texas
Colonial Home Warranty
Wilmington, Delaware USA

Colonial Home Warranty Total Ripoff and not sure they're still in business Wilmington Delaware

I have 2 rental properties and just before Christmas 2013, I called Colonial Home Warranty to report that my tenants claimed that the upper oven was not functioning. A contractor was sent over to the house and he determined it was the thermostat. However, because the oven was an older GE model, Colonial could no longer get the part and they did not want to replace the oven They gave me the runaround and later called me asking for money upfront without any confirmation that the oven would be repaired. After speaking to Ralph for an hour, I got so frustrated that I canceled my policy. It was only 5 months old and he said they would reimburse me the premium difference. I received one dollar and a few cents for the remaining 7 months! This company operates without one ounce of ethics - stay away!

Anyway, I think they are out of business as you cannot contact them anymore. Hope this helps.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2014 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Warranty/Wilmington-Delaware-19801-/Colonial-Home-Warranty-Total-Ripoff-and-not-sure-theyre-still-in-business-Wilmington-Del-1133230. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Warranty