Complaint Review: Colonial Home Warranty

• Updated: Wed, February 19, 2014

• Reported By: Jennifer — Austin Texas
Colonial Home Warranty
1000 N West St #711 Wilmington, Delaware USA

Colonial Home Warranty Ripoff is the perfect word to describe my experience with Colonial. Pure Scam!! Wilmington-all over US Delaware

I don't even know where to start.  I am amazed that I missed all the negative complaints already posted about this company on the internet.  I could have saved so much time and money if I had bothered to do my research. That is the only reason I am even bothering to write these reviews now.  I hope this will save someone else for going thru the same awful experience that I have had with this company.  Bottom line, they refuse to cover any claims.  They will make up any excuse to get out of covering a claim.  I have heard it all from them.  I was finally forced to buy a new AC (completely out of pocket) because they just refused to fix it.  I wasn't even asking to be reimbursed for a new one, just for them to fix it.

I had American Home Shield prior to this warranty, and amazingly, they were able to fix it!  BTW switching from AHS was one of the biggest regrets I have. They are more expensive, but they honor their contracts, and peace of mind really is worth it. So after I bought my new AC, I cancelled the warranty, since it is in the policy that I would be refunded.  Silly me for actually thinking they would honor the refund!  Optimistic until the end I guess. I had over a year left on the warranty, and minus the $50 refund fee, I was expecting a nice amount back. A week goes by and I have still heard nothing from them (they were supposed to email me the details of the refund amount), so I called them.

Basically, I am told, I am getting no refund, for all a bunch of BS reasons, and there is really nothing I can do about it.  Just deal with it.  There are no managers that would talk to me, and corporate doesn't take phone calls?!  So I could write a letter to corporate, but that is really my only option.  I asked them to send me the paperwork in the contract that backs up all the ridiculous reasons they gave me for not getting a refund.  I was told they couldn't send me anything since I no longer have a contract with them.  Their customer service is a joke!  One of the saddest parts is that I could tell these kind of complaints are a regular occurance for the person on the phone.

He did not skip a beat with throwing out excuses, and almost sounded like he was enjoying himself.  He is obvioulsy confronted frequently by unhappy customers.  Did not phase him one bit.  He straighout lied thru the whole conversation.  I was pretty shocked.  And I am even more shocked that the company is still in business after I have read all the negative complaints on the Interent.  And those are just the ones from people that spoke up!  I  am sure there are many more.  I really hope something gets done soon and this company is no longer allowed to scam hard working people out of their money.  It is not fair or ethical!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2014 08:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Warranty/Wilmington-Delaware-19801/Colonial-Home-Warranty-Ripoff-is-the-perfect-word-to-describe-my-experience-with-Colonial-1124756. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Warranty