Complaint Review: Colonial Home Warranty

• Updated: Wed, December 04, 2013

• Reported By: Wyler — Burbank California
Colonial Home Warranty
1000 North West Street, Suite 1200 #711 wilmington, Delaware USA

Colonial Home Warranty SCAMMED by Colonial - refusal to honor claim - treated unjustly wilmington Delaware

I filed a claim for a non working house heater on 11/25, the repair company came out the next day and stated the unit needed a inducer motor (I paid the $80) copayment. The following day, Colonial Home Warranty asks me for maintainance records. due to the thanksgiving holiday, I was unable to get them until Monday, 12/2. My maintenance records reflected bi-annual service / preventative maint. in Jan, 2012, June, 2012 & Jan, 2013. it appears that the repair company included a comment that they recommend my burners and coils be cleaned as an added cost to the homeowner but the motor was bad. Colonial refused to honor the claim based on dirty burners and claimed the unit wasn't maintained. I have sent them a formal letter, been refused the opportunity to speak with a manager, and no one has called me back. My wife is a recent cancer survivor and we have 4 children (one is 4 years old) in a very very cold house... Colonial has debited my credit card for 8 months and when I filed a claim, they weaseled out... I can't express the dissatisfaction about this... especially because the repair company flat out told me the unit was not neglected, it wasn't abused or overly dirty, they even called colonial to advise them that this was not the reason the motor failed. Despite all of this, Colonial continues to debit my account. I want to cancel but am afraid it will affect my ability to persue this matter further.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2013 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colonial-Home-Warranty/wilmington-Delaware-19801/Colonial-Home-Warranty-SCAMMED-by-Colonial-refusal-to-honor-claim-treated-unjustly-wi-1104259. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colonial Home Warranty