Complaint Review: Colorado Hair Institute

• Reported By: Dzl210 — Tacoma Washington
Colorado Hair Institute
9218 Kimmer Dr Lonetree, Colorado USA

Colorado Hair Institute Hair transplant failed. Lonetree Colorado

*Author of original report: Willing to redo proceedure free of cost.

I've contacted the BBB about this company, but soon learned this is a company that pays fees to be a part of the BBB and are basically protected against complaints made to the BBB (read about this). Here's a copy of my complaint to the BBB about this company.

"Case Description: Hair transplant has only grown maybe 25% of grafts after 15 months, Chris McTyre said i'd see my results at 1 year.

Fifteen months after my hair transplant the results are EXTERMELY poor (~75% of grafts didn't take). I wasn't expecting a full head of hair again, but visually my head looks the same as it did prior to surgery (minus a huge scar on the back of my head now). I can FEEL some of the grafts in the bridge and front area, but the crown is still completely bald (where i'd told them to focus the most attention). I'm not sure what went wrong and i know i'm a candidate for a transplant, there's a small percentage that won't grow a transplant for unknown reasons, i've grown SOME hair which means this isn't my case.

I hate to have to file this complaint as the customer service was excellent (pre op, during op, and post op) aside from what mattered...my results. Chris has kept in contact with me during my post opp concerns through the months, when at 6 months I said I was questioning my results, he said to be patient until the full year to see them and he stands behind their work. I've patiently waited past a year to 15 months.

Please help, $5,000 is a lot of money to me and now i'm left with a horrible scar on the back of my head that i'm more embarrassed about than being bald in the first place."

The status of my case says that Colorado Hair Institute has recieved my complaint, but they've done nothing to contact me after more than two weeks. They stopped replying to me when I sent pictures proving i'm not showing any results.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/13/2014 07:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Hair-Institute/Lonetree-Colorado-80124/Colorado-Hair-Institute-Hair-transplant-failed-Lonetree-Colorado-1161763. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Hair Institute

Willing to redo proceedure free of cost.

AUTHOR: Xavier - ()

They've contacted me and offering another proceedure free of charge, maybe my pictures got lost in their e-mail, maybe they didn't realize my BBB report was from me. Who knows, but they replied within a few hours to me asking what they'd be willing to do with this failed transplant and another for no cost is their compromise. We'll see if/how this goes.