Complaint Review

2715 Parker Dam Road Earp, California USA Phone:
(866) 217-8111
Category:
RV Resorts

Colorado River Adventures - Emerald Cove Resort Promotional Offer Lack of information when they book the offer - BEWARE Earp California

*General Comment: Unfair in rebuttal

*General Comment: Rebuttal

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: good luck with the legal issues

Like many of you, I received a promotional offer from Colorado River Adventures Emerald Cove Resort for a 3-day/2-night stay that includes $1000 of camping credits (20 nights), a tablet and $100 gas credit.  I figured I didn't mind sitting through a 90-min time share presentation - it would be fun and the place looks nice.

The main problem is that they DON'T tell you that there is a massive restriction on the 20 nights of free camping.  Thank goodness I checked on RipoffReport.com to see that someone else had already found out.  The 20 nights do NOT include weekends or holidays, you have to book them in 5-night blocks and you can only book one block every 60 days and they are only good for 1 year.  The 1 year was the ONLY part they told me on the phone.

I called to cancel the promo stay BEFORE i went. The woman on the phone said "i didn't know there was a restriction, let me check."  Then she passed me to another woman who said "she didn't know either, but she asked and that was right."  Then she tried to convince me to come anyway and I told her no thanks - she abruptly hung up - got to get to the next guinea pig I guess.

I just don't understand why they don't tell you the truth up front - they have nice resorts, make me a good offer that I could use and I would absolutely come.  You don't have to bait and switch people to sell stuff - just make them a good offer and we will come.

One other thing - they are trying to sell timeshares - and they are quite pricey.  If you're interested in buying one, there are many DISCOUNTED ones for sale at www.sellmytimesharenow.com - i'm sure these would be a much better deal than buying one at full price...

Emerald Cove - invite me again, be honest, and offer me something I can use and I promise I will come.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 02:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-River-Adventures-Emerald-Cove-Resort/Earp-California-92242/Colorado-River-Adventures-Emerald-Cove-Resort-Promotional-Offer-Lack-of-information-whe-1065645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado River Adventures - Emerald Cove Resort

#1 General Comment

Unfair in rebuttal

AUTHOR: RVTRKN - (USA)

Let me start by saying I have no affiliation with the Colorado River Association (CRA), and I can't believe I'm defending them. I have been a member for over 25 years, and love the parks that I have used over that time span. As far as the over sold comment, in no way have I ever been turned away due to a full park, also I've never seen the park full. The employees are always pleasant and courteous, and have gone beyond their job description in helping us over the years. I make reservations as a courtesy and believe I'm supposed to reserve my spot before arrival, but have showed up many times over the years and have never been turned away. They always improve on the parks, and maintain them adequately. I can vouch for that very fact, when I signed my original contract, the only building to conduct business In was/is the large membership hall as you enter the park at Emerald Cove. There was only the store, pool with bar! and the showers and baths. It's now so much more and better over the years, and feel my dues have not been a waist of money. BUT read your contract before you sign, they are ruthless when it comes to inforcing the contract. I had to seek an attorney after promises they made in writing and was refused. I got my money back and then renegotiated a new upgrade for what I wanted, that's has worked out over the years. CRA is a great park system that I have used over the years, and feel they were wrongly accused of over selling and they don't just take your money and run, but read before you sign.

#2 General Comment

Rebuttal

AUTHOR: Charmngal - ()

First off you are not correct in much of what you say. You are being given a GIFT!  Just because that GIFT does not fit your needs does not mean it is a bait and switch.  Every day of camping you are getting is a day that does not have to be paid in other resorts. And depending on your personality, the sales people are not holding you hostage until you buy. Another thing this is NOT a timeshare in any way. These MEMBERSHIPS can be used 365 days of the year. Nothing Timeshare about it..and for a Company you say lies so much, they have hundreds of people a year joining and enjoying the parks they have to offer. If you are a full timer you can literally spend 365 days a year at their resorts for just the cost of a membership. And if you truly knew the price of any of the memberships from low to high, you would see there are ones for everyone. So next time you decide to write in rip off report you need to get your facts straight. No I am not a employee, but I used to be, and I was a very good one.  I never lied or baited people. I worked with a good crew who knew their jobs. We did not know all details of presentation prices because there are many options. That's why they license the sales people so they present the facts correctly.  I know a lot of members that really enjoy the resorts, so as I see it, it's your loss.  I just hope they don't invite you back again, to ruin it for other people there.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

good luck with the legal issues

AUTHOR: ex employee got screwed - ()

good luck with  the fees extras bait and switch etc., as one of the four partners or should i say three,after one was forced out some years ago for embezzlement, happens to be a laywer. so their legal team is also your wonderful owner of those friggin moneypit parks. so enjoy your free camping,gross pool.

,bad food and 190 sq ft cabins you can never use cuz theyre always full . by the way i happen to know that they have oversold emerald cove 56 times over and about 10 percent of actual reservations are actually honored without a hitch. they used me for their gain and then let me go at two in the am with no notice and homeless..and one more thing if you are thinking about one of the other parks on the cali. side...echo lodge, windmill1 and 2,big bend , the store at buckskin, the river island market and a few others you are just pouring more money into their pockets.have fun and dont forget sunscreen.youre gonna get burned!!!

MORE FEATURED REPORTS