Complaint Review: Colorado Technical University - online

• Updated: Tue, June 11, 2013

• Reported By: David — Saint Joseph Missouri
Colorado Technical University - online
4434 North Chestnut Street Colorado Springs, Colorado USA

Colorado Technical University - online At 58 years old, I chose to go for my MBA. With a 3.7 gpa and 3 courses to go, I won't be getting it Colorado Springs Colorado

Where do I start?  I am now in excess of $70,000 to the U.S. Department of Education for student loans -- much of which went into the fat coffers of Colorado Technical University.  If you browse this complaint board you will find 60 complaints about Colorado Technical University -- this is #61.

I had some rough spots along the way with illness (I am now 60 years old), hospitalizations, family business problems that I, as the only son felt responsible to help fix for my parents.  This alone stressed me out a great deal and caused me to miss a few assignments which the professor, David Lawson, quickly gave me a few F's which he allows only 48 hours to remedy -- if your problem happens to be on the honorable Lawson's short list of approved allowance -- like your mother's death, your sister's death, but not your neice, nephew or kissing cousin -- they don't matter and you shouldn't shed any tears over their passing according to the Lawson Rules of What is Allowable and What is not -- to miss one of his unbelievably time-consuming, elaborate assignments -- the task list is 14 pages in length and of the 7 students (out of 9) left in his class (if they are indeed still attending) or if you enjoy humiliation, degradation, and bowing to the almighty.

I was hospitalized last weekend because I am bipolar (have been forever) and extreme stress throws me into a deep depression.  But I don't think mental health issues are on the Almighty Lawson's list of excuses for missing one of his (not just my opinion) unbelievably complex assignments which if you work for a living, have a family you love and try to help, there is simply not time in a 5 1/2 week session to complete in good order the 14 or so assignments.  Furthermore, with the small exception of the Group Project, Professor Lawson's never discusses assignments, uses 4 year old PowerPoints he didn't even create, and drones on in a monotone what is clearly already in the textbook -- no help whatsoever!

I got two "A's" when I first began his course -- MKTG638-1302B-01: International Marketing.  The rest of the assignments he gladly posted an F on.  Sure I sought out help.  I had about a 2.46 gpa about 6 months ago and by, at my expense, retaking the courses I flunked because I was ill or hospitalized (or both actually).  My gpa yesterday was 3.7 on a 4.0 scale.  That calculation, of course, is before Lawson flunks me in this course.

Sure, I sought out help from Student Advising.  None of this seemed right to me.  Had several nice chats with Ryan Grant, a student adviser mysteriously labeled "Ryan Grant Student Advising Services" -- as if it is not part of CTU - which it may be a contract arrangement.  But in the final analysis Ryan, as nice as he seems, doesn't have an ounce of clout.  He suggested I email the professor (duh???)  I did that and got the most God-awful email back from him lecturing me on the fact that "grades are earned" as if I didn't know this since Kindergarten.

Bottomline -- I will be administratively dismissed from the university because I had to pass my three remaining courses with B (one C allowed in the MBA program).  $70,000 in debt and not even a d**n diploma to hang on my wall.

I hope someone is able to Maintain Education's Exalted Status -- CTU in my estimation has not done so.

Someone needs to take on this Monster CTU.  How about a good sharp attorney who hates to see students get royally screwed.  Since I am flunking out now with a 3.7 gpa, there must be some logical argument that could be made.  My mother, five sisters are still living, so that is out.  My Father's kidneys and bowels starting shutting down, so my 85 year old father will probably not be around to see my diploma.  He has been my best friend, greatest support, and most loving Dad for my 60 years.  I will miss him dearly and hope I can fill his shoes in the female dominated (no disrespect, just the truth) family.

Save yourself a ton of money -- steer clear from Colorado Technical University online.  And by all means, if you do enroll, refuse to take a course taught and graded by heartless prof lawson.  He is a very sad joke of a man.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/11/2013 02:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Technical-University-online/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80907/Colorado-Technical-University-online-At-58-years-old-I-chose-to-go-for-my-MBA-With-1058129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Technical University - online