Complaint Review: Colorado Technical University

• Updated: Mon, January 30, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Oakland California United States of America
Colorado Technical University
Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Colorado Technical University Accepted into online doctorate program, filed all documents, paid fee, registered, then denied eligibility in "homeland security" program by Review Board at last minute; now non-responsive Colorado Springs, Colorado

Over a year ago, I applied online for a doctorate program with CTU-Colorado Technical University. My graduate advisor worked with well me and motivated me, calling me an "excellent candidate." Unfortunately, she moved on and I had to reapply with another grad. advisor, then another; and finally a fourth advisor, whereupon I had to resubmit applications, per revised documents, then most of them were 'lost' in the mail; then at considerable expense had to fax all documents again.

I was told prior to the end of last year that I was "conditionally accepted" into the program and that CTU would make special acommodations to set up a "tele-conference hook-up" with CTU as a new student (for "orientation") but it never was done; then at last minute, the Review Board told me I was denied eligibility into the program for lack of work experience with the federal government, namely DHS - Dept. [continued below]....
..... Homeland Security - but nobody ever told me this. Then I appealed to the Director of Admissions, who promised to be my "advocate" to help me get into the program. But nothing has been done to resolve the matter. For weeks, my emails have gone unanswered. (note: I am a disabled professional, and feel "accommodations" were denied, per the ADA Act)

Finally, my "official transcripts" have been missing for the past 3 weeks, and I am getting no answer to what happened to them. So, after filing all the documents, paying the application fee, and even "registered" with CTU ("successfully") I am left in limbo and feel abandoned by CTU. This experience has caused me undue stress and now feel that I must withdraw without any resolution, having invested so much time, hundreds of dollars just for mailing and faxing docs., and  I have even been denied contact with the Presidents office. Nobody sems to be held acountable.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2012 08:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Colorado-Technical-University/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-/Colorado-Technical-University-Accepted-into-online-doctorate-program-filed-all-documents-831496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Colorado Technical University