Complaint Review: Columbia Telecommunications

• Submitted: Thu, December 30, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, December 30, 2004

• Reported By:Mineral Wells West Virginia
Columbia Telecommunications
PO BOX 4065 Farmingdale, New York U.S.A.

Columbia Telecommunications ripoff! Outpost (the retailer) refunded my $25.00. Farmingdale New York

I went through the same thing as everyone else for well over a year. I contacted Outpost about the problem but they said it was not their problem. I thought about it for a while, and decided it was their problem. They sold the product based on the advertised refund. That made it their problem. I emailed them with my complaint and told them that I was a verified good customer and that if this was not corrected that I would not buy from them again. Also, I would report Outpost to this web site as a place not to trust.

In a short time they emailed me back with news of my refund. To Outpost credit, they were friendly and helpful and I will buy from them again. As for rebates, I think twice about buying anything with a rebate anymore. When this kind of "bait and switch" happens, hold the retailer accountable. It is the only way they will learn.

Ronald
Mineral Wells, West Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2004 01:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Columbia-Telecommunications/Farmingdale-New-York-10802/Columbia-Telecommunications-ripoff-Outpost-the-retailer-refunded-my-2500-Farmingdale-125084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Columbia Telecommunications