Complaint Review: Com Ed

• Reported By: Margorilla — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Com Ed
Internet, Illinois United States of America

Com Ed Outrageous Charges Internet, Illinois

I recently moved within Chicago and am receiving ComEd bills at approx $300 a month. It appears to be an ESTIMATED bill, though their website does not explain that in their "Understanding Your Bill" and I cannot understand how it could be so much when I haven't changed my lifestyle from the previous place which I paid at most $90 a month...and I have GAS heat on top of it. One significant difference I noticed in the invoices is the "Distribution Facilities Charge." Apparently it means (according to ComEd)  kW (kilowatts) X MKD (Maximum Kilowatts Delivered) for the billing period. My previous bills stated the cost to be $12.95 and now they are at $58.23. Does anyone know what this may pertain to?  I have already contacted ComEd to look into it and they have found no errors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2010 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Com-Ed/Internet-Illinois-/Com-Ed-Outrageous-Charges-Internet-Illinois-559513. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Com Ed