Complaint Review: Combined Insurance Co.

• Submitted: Sat, December 01, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 06, 2013

• Reported By: Barry — escazu Other Costa Rica
Combined Insurance Co.
commonwealth ave boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Combined Insurance Co. W.Clement Stone PMA is valid.Its proponent, W.Clement Stone, was a con man. boston, Massachusetts

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: a professional student who graduated from chanter university!!!!!

*Consumer Comment: Excellent accident supplement policy.

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: excellent report!!!

Just out of college in 1959,with wife and child and no job, i lowered myself to grab a job with Hearthstone Ins.(Combined). While being paid $35/week to sit in a sleazy hotel meeting room,i was indoctrinated into learning PMA and a phoney,high-pressure sales talk.After two weeks of this nonsense,while paying for my parking,meals,etc.i was assigned to a "sales mgr.", a former baker with a mediocre command of the English language. There i was instructed to sell useless accident policies and collect nickel-and-dime premiums. Despite being self-employed,the company paying none of my expenses,nor social security,etc.,i was required to attend meetings and shout childish PMA slogans. Due to my economic need i rapidly became one of the top producers in New England,elevated to management in less than one year,at age 22.Not once did i ever meet another agent,mgr., or home office executive with more than mediocre intelligence.Ignorance and dishonesty ( E.G.writing phoney ploicies to win awards, holding back company funds,etc.) was rampant. The compensation for these little policies was so low,regardless of many sales,that a $200 GROSS INCOME week made the weekly bulletin,and few were ever on it. Despite 12+ hour days,i knew of noone who made a substantial income with the exception of con man Stone and a select group of Stone's rear-end kissers. My mistake was staying for 8 years. However, having had enough of my intelligence being insulted,i went into the real insurance business and made my fortune. I am proud to say that i sent 4 children to college,am independently wealthy, and have a personal foundation. Had i stayed at that ridiculous excuse for an occupation,Combined, i never would have accomplished what i have .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/01/2012 10:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Combined-Insurance-Co/boston-Massachusetts-/Combined-Insurance-Co-WClement-Stone-PMA-is-validIts-proponent-WClement-Stone-was-a-976558. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Combined Insurance Co.

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

a professional student who graduated from chanter university!!!!!

AUTHOR: Anyways11 - (USA)

Three college degrees huh? You have two misspellings, one abbreviation that is incorrect, and one run on sentence. The spell check is in the upper right hand corner of this screen. Ok, for the rest of us, Combined doesn't pay for massages unless it is the direct result of an accident or disability. I can also tell you that too many times they have denied benefits for various reasons. This is why they have been kicked out of Ireland due to lawsuits. If you don't believe me, Google it under Combined Insurance Ireland. Now as for Clement Stone, yes he stole sayings from others including Confucius who said, "Do the right thing because it is the right thing." I don't believe Stone was the evil monster that some people have made him out to be, especially on this site, but one of the sayings I believe Stone adhered to was uttered by the famous PT Barnum, "There is a sucker born every minute." So in conclusion, I give my standard advice.....STAY AWAY FROM COMBINED!!!

Excellent accident supplement policy.

AUTHOR: treatmentguy - (United States of America)

I had a supplement accident policy from Combined for several years. I used it almost monthly for reimbursement for chiropratic, physical therapy and true treatment massage therapy. The company never failed to reimburse me and within two weeks.

When I moved from WA to CA I continued to use it for massage monthly. They paid the first two times I turened in a claim and then informed me that they did not cover massage or chiropratic in CA (they paid me anyway for those two). I had employer coverage for all other things so no longer needed this policy.

I just moved back to WA and wanted to have coverage again for chiropratic and treatment massage therapy as well as to be able to have my patients in my sports enhancement/rehab clinic I am starting have the benefit of this very cheap coverage. I called the company but they no longer offer this accident policy. This was the best policy of any kind I have ever seen. I wish I still had it and could rec. it to m y patients.

As to W. Clement Stone being a con man, I have three college/university degrees and during the process and later in business I came across hid writings several times. I also had times when listening to internationally recognized motivational speakers to hear them quote Mr. Stone. He was quite highly regarded as a motivational speaker. Some people seem to think that anyone who tries to get others to think and be positive and to believe they can succeed are con men. As a former basketball coach, I did just this and also in business. I dont think anyone considers former coach , John Wooden, a con artist and he quoted and applied some of Mr. Stone's material. I find this site lacking if this site subscribes to the idea that Mr. Stone was some kind of crook.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

excellent report!!!

AUTHOR: Anyways11 - (USA)

Might want to use spell check before you publish it. Clement Stone was an egostical maniac who to this day has inspired a generation of chanters who can't think for themselves. Go to the headquarters in Chicago and see what I mean.

Now I have been told they have hired people to change their corporate culture...or rather ACE has since  they figured out they got sold swamp land in Florida.  ACE, some advice...you can't fix stupid nor change a culture that's too stupid to figure out the defintion of insanity. To the non Kool-Aid drinkers keep publishing your reports...to the chanters...well I guess you'll keep on chanting!!!!