Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2014
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2014

• Reported By: pauly1994 — Oil City Pennsylvania
One Comcast Center Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

I am typing this on my parents behalf because I am absolutely tired of the corporate monopoly tactics that Comcast Cable uses on it's customers. It is an absolute shame that corporate greed has lead to big corporate monopolies that prey on the poor and retired in our nation. It is time people start taking this seriously. I filed a report with the BBB in our area about this corporations horrible false advertising and bait and switch tactics. I just can't believe it isn't illegal to raise your customers prices atronomically without a warning and not explain why and what the reason for the extra charges. There just isn't enough being done to put a stop to this. I have made numerous calls to them explaining that we simply can't afford it. They just say we can no longer help you and your promotion has run out. We have to fight with this company every year and negotiate our bill back down to sane levels. The services rendered are absolutely horrible. Here is my complaint to the BBB.  This is my second complaint about them to date. The first one was for extremely bad service that they fix for a little while then it's back to horrible again. As I explained in the below report to the BBB we lose our tv, internet, and phone service at regular intervals. They advertise phone service but people can't hear you talking on the other end. With all these problems why should we pay you more?  I think I reduction in our bill for the horrible service would be much more appropriate.

The below will be the first of many reports if we do not come to some sort of resolution. I would advise anyone else seeing their bill rising like stock prices to do the same.

Monthly Fee goes up without warning. Services are still very poor quality since my last BBB report. We still receive no response to why their voice service is especially poor quality and people still can't hear us at times! They should be giving us a discount not raising our bills. They are far worse then the competitors phone service. We still lose internet service and television services without warning. Their equipment is junk. Constantly needing replaced. We are sick and tired of this joke of a cable company.

Desired Outcome Description: We are on a fixed income. I think we should have some kind of notice before they just raise our bill so high. Either lower the bill to a reasonable advertised rate or we are simply going to cancel our services. This companies poor quality services are not worth the insane prices we see on our bill. We can't afford a bill that keeps raising like stock prices. We have had enough of Comcast's scamming business tactics."

My parents have been your loyal customers for years and even decades and this is how you treat them?  Shame! Whatever happened to the days of good customer service? This is absolutely unacceptable corporate greed at it's finest!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2014 03:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Comcast-DECEPTIVE-BUSINESS-PRACTICES-FALSE-ADVERTISING-POOR-QUALITY-SERVICE-HORRIBLE-1170684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast