Complaint Review: Comcast Business Class

• Reported By: glenj1970 — Mobile Alabama United States of America
Comcast Business Class
MOBILE, Alabama United States of America

Comcast Business Class Auto renew contracts MOBILE, Alabama

Comcast business class auto renews their contracts. The sales person won't tell you this. In my case the language that spells this out is not in the printed contract you sign. Instead it was on a web page the contract refers you to.

I has a customer of Comcast Business Class for just over three years. My contract had a three year term. At three years and 2 months I called Comcast to cancel service. My contract had auto renewed for another year. Comcast wanted to charge me over $900 as an early termination fee. Remember I was a customer for over 3 years.

I fought this and was able to get Comcast to back down. The local representative called me and told me they had lost my contract and therefore were not going to force me to pay the early termination fee.

I am not 100% sure but here is what I think caused them to lose the contract. I posted the message found below to every Facebook page I could find that was a business page for a local Comcast Business class representative. I also posted the same message to the Linkedin page for Comcast Business class.

I kept my post factual and unemotional. Here is what I posted:

"Business Class customers check your contracts. I have been a Comcast Business Class Customer Since January 2009. Signed a contract with a 36 month term. Called to cancel service today. Discovered Comcast auto-renewed my contract. Comcast is charging a 3 year customer $911 as an early termination fee. Auto-renewal clause can not be found in contract, but is on a web page the contract refers you to."

Just do a search on Facebook for Comcast Business Class. There is not one business page for the company, but many for the local representatives across the states. I posted to all that I found. Note, these local representatives are not responsible for this policy. So I was not rude to them. Some replied to my post expressing regret and that they would have done better than my local rep. The reality is they could not as this is enforced from above. My hope is that these local sales reps will bring pressure on the corporate office to change this awful policy.

Here is a link to the Linkedin page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/2313203?trk=tyah
I don't think you can start a new post. I simply replied/commented on the most recent post by Comcast.

I hope this helps others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2012 10:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Business-Class/MOBILE-Alabama-/Comcast-Business-Class-Auto-renew-contracts-MOBILE-Alabama-961163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast Business Class