Complaint Review: comcast cable

• Updated: Wed, July 03, 2013

• Reported By: scammed — Santa Cruz California
comcast cable
Internet USA

comcast cable slammed me for three cable boxes that they told me were completely free for all the trouble they caused. Internet

After spending hours on the phone, mostly on hold waiting for a customer service rep, I found that the boxes required to recoup the lost channels from Comcast would not work properly.  The customer service rep offered to send me 3 upgraded (larger boxes) and assured they would work with my TVs.  He guaranteed me the upgraded boxes were at no charge.  I questioned him and he assured me there was no charege.

I was able to install one , but the other two would not work properly  --- and this is after an additional 5 hours on the phone (again mostly on hold waiting for help).  I was hung up on a few times immediately after they answered.  When i told one of the reps that i had spent hours and hours on the phone trying to resolve the cable box problems, he accused me of being abusive.

I found from this rep that i was being charged 24.00 a month for something I was assured was free.  In addition the equipment does not work.  I am done with Comcast.  They are not at all honest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2013 08:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/comcast-cable-/internet/comcast-cable-slammed-me-for-three-cable-boxes-that-they-told-me-were-completely-free-for-1064325. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on comcast cable