Complaint Review: Comcast - Spectacor Aka Philadelphia Flyers

• Submitted: Sun, March 14, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, June 24, 2008

• Reported By:Schwenksville Pennsylvania
Comcast - Spectacor Aka Philadelphia Flyers
3601 S.Broad St. Philadelphia PA 19148 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Comcast - Spectacor Aka Philadelphia Flyers ripoff misrepresentation of product and services Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*Consumer Comment: Little overdramatic don't you think??

I am currently in a dispute with the Comcast-Spectacor organization regarding a refund of my tickets. When I purchased my Philadelphia Flyers tickets last summer, my decision to do so was based on the family-friendly theme that this organization was promoting. Their introduction of "Hooters"-like girls is hardly my idea of family-friendly. I find this promotion an absolute debasement of women and hardly what I had planned on when I signed up for season tickets. I have been complaining all season to no avail. They have ripped me off in the most insulting manner possible. I have recently notified my credit card company to withhold payment, but I'm not sure how long they will continue to do this. Please advise as to what I can do!!!

Mary anne
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2004 09:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-Spectacor-Aka-Philadelphia-Flyers/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19148/Comcast-Spectacor-Aka-Philadelphia-Flyers-ripoff-misrepresentation-of-product-and-servic-83851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast - Spectacor Aka Philadelphia Flyers

Little overdramatic don't you think??

AUTHOR: Nd - (U.S.A.)

First of all I happen to be friends with all of these so-called "Hooters-like girls" and I really don't know where you see any comparison besides gender (and I guess they wear a little orange too) between the Flyers Ice Team and Hooters girls. The outfits the Ice Team wear fully cover their entire bodies (maybe an inch of stomach shows on a couple of them - oh no!) and they don't do anything besides promote the Fan Gear products, clean the ice during TV timeouts, and help root on the team (no they are not cheerleaders!). How anything they do is seen as distasteful in today's society is beyond me (and anyone else I know) as they do their jobs with class and dignity; they're not selling themselves, they're selling the product that is Flyers hockey. If you think the Delta Dental Flyers Ice Team is a bad thing then please don't go to a Wings lacrosse game and see the lingirie calendar their "Angels" cheerleaders did.