Complaint Review: Comcast / xfinity

• Updated: Wed, January 22, 2014

• Reported By: comcast_is_scam — brownstown Michigan
Comcast / xfinity
1701 John F Kennedy Blvd Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

Comcast / xfinity xfinityxfinity tvcomcast TVcomcast triple play Comcast, Threatens to mess my credit if I dont pay them what I DONT owe!! and they DID!! Philadelphia Pennsylvania

*UPDATE Employee: Something doesn't add up

I have been a Comcast customer since 2008, Always made my payments. I moved to different state 6 months ago, I checked my credit score 5 days ago and I saw that my score dropped 100 points because comcast appretnly sent me to collections for $860.37!!, I never received a letter or a call from comcast or the collection agency since I moved to different address. So I try to login my online account at comcast.com but its not working, I call them and chat with them, trying to login my account but they would not let me log in!. I requested an itemized bill of the charges Comcast claim that I owe but no responce, They basicly are saying that I owe $480.37 for my bill and the reset for not returning a cable box and a modem, are you kidding why would I need to take your equipment, YOU KNOW its not usefull to any customer to keep it since they can NOT do anything with it, so basicly comcast try to scam customers be sending them to collection saying they owe hundreds of dollars for thair equipment and bill charges that never exsists, I filed a BBB report but they never responded to the report. [continued below]....

..... Comcast has gotten so big that they dont care about any customer, its like a mouse trying to talk to an elephant. Comcast messed up my credit and alot of other people I read online. My last chance is take comcast to small court and try to get $5000 for damages caused to me and get the collection off my account and thats what I advice anyone who cant have comcast help them to do, at least thats what my attorney told me, it only cost $150 to file small claim with court, I will be doing so on monday and update it here. If anyone had same experince please share.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2014 07:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast-xfinity/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19103/Comcast-xfinity-xfinityxfinity-tvcomcast-TVcomcast-triple-play-Comcast-Threatens-to-me-1117773. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast / xfinity

Something doesn't add up

AUTHOR: TeeJay - ()

Did you ACTUALLY return your equipment?  You don't say if you did or not.  If you did, then you would have received a receipt showing the serial numbers of the returned equipment. Go back to the Comcast store with your receipt and they can process a ticket.

Also, if you did return your equipment but after you moved, it can take up to 8 weeks to show up in the system because you didn't return it to the store that handles your old equipment.  Either way, something sounds wrong with your report, like you aren't telling the whole story.  Please elaborate.