Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Tue, September 17, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, September 17, 2013

• Reported By: Char — Addison, IL Illinois
po box 3002 Southeastern PA 19398-3002 Addison, Illinois USA

Comcast-Krista Cunningham, Dionne Bynum, etc., etc. The Biggest Rip-Off of All Addison Illinois

Comcast solicited us to use their phone and internet service. In February, of this year (2013) technicians were sent out to set up the service.

While here, the the technicians informed us that our phone system was not compatible with their service. We asked if we could still use the internet service. We were informed that because we have VOIP, that if we went with comcast internet service our phones would not work. We were told that we would have to change our phone system to make it work.

Obviously this would be a huge problem. Our sales are primarily conducted over the phone. I informed comcast of this and explained that their service would not work for us unless we changed our phone system. They assured me that the service order would be cancelled according to the contract allowing me 30 days to cancel without charge.

Because the technicians needed a different work order to pick up a modem that they brought (and plugged into our electrical outlet)  they would not take the modem back with them - even though they new  that the service connection had not been completed. Because the modem was left, Comcast claimed that we were using their service. Repeated calls to comcast fell on deaf ears. Finally out of the blue one day (May 6, 2013) a person from comcast came in to retrieve the modem.

Through the ensuing months I have continued to be billed for a service that was never completely installed and I have been in touch with Comcast multiple times about this. Each time that I called I was assured that the matter was resolved and I would niot be billed anymore for their service.

Then the calls from the collection agencies started coming in. Again I contacted Comcast multiple times and again was reassured that they had resolved the matter. Not So! To date we are still receiving calls from a collection agency (to whom I sent documentation showing that we do not owe anything) and the agency claims that they forwarded my documentation to comcast and that comcast still insists that the bill is legitimate!

This agency says that they are reporting us as refusing to pay on a debt and that it will adversley affect our credit rating!

What a scam Comcast is running!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2013 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Addison-Illinois-60101/Comcast-Krista-Cunningham-Dionne-Bynum-etc-etc-The-Biggest-Rip-Off-of-All-Addison-Il-1085197. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast