- Report: #964254
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: comcast
comcast Comcast rips off customers Internet
out that I was being billed for the individual services, which was adding about $50/month to my bill. The reason I say accidentally is because comcast doesn't display packages and pricing on their web site if you're using comcast internet. I've talked to several people in comcast about it, including a couple of people who claimed they represented Rick Germano, SVP of Customer Operations, and was told that there was nothing that could be done about not showing
customers pricing because that was a marketing decision and nobody could change it, obviously a sleazy business practice. Further, I was told that nothing could be done about the over billing unless I had documented my interactions
with comcast. I then went to the comcast customer forums to see if others had the same problem. I got a response from another "customer" that could have only come from within comcast, so I responded that they were obviously a
comcast employee using guerrilla marketing tactics. I assume you are familiar with "guerrilla marketing" but just in case you're not, it refers to the practice of marketing folks getting on these sites, pretending to be customers, and talking about how great their experience has been with their company/product/service, another sleazy business practice. My post was immediately taken down and I was barred from the thread.
1. Comcast is obviously using sleazy business practices and needs to stop immediately. Since they are apparently coming from the marketing department, David Juliano, EVP of cable marketing for comcast, should be replaced with someone who has the integrity and talent to lead a marketing department to provide good marketing for comcast without resorting to deceit.
2. By law, comcast must keep records of their customer interaction. Instead of accessing those records they use the knowledge that most individual do not keep logs of their phone calls to avoid resolving issues when it is in comcast's favor to do so. I doubt that this is illegal, but it is certainly a deceptive business practice and if comcast is going to
use this tactic they should inform customers and prospective customers in writing that comcast will NOT address an issue unless the customer has kept detailed records of their interactions with comcast including date, time, name,
and details of a conversation. Also the same disclaimer should be prominently displayed on their web site.
3. CUSTOMER forums should be for CUSTOMERS to exchange information with other CUSTOMERS, not as a playground for
administrators and marketing personnel to censor information they don't happen to like and to use as a marketing tool. This is another practice that should be stopped immediately.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2012 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/comcast/internet/comcast-Comcast-rips-off-customers-Internet-964254. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.