Complaint Review: comcast

• Updated: Sun, November 25, 2012

• Reported By: Richard — El Dorado Hills California United States of America
comcast

comcast Poor Customer Service, Internet

I am a comcast customer for my own home internet, cable, and phone needs, for which I pay over $200/mo.  I am seriously reconsidering your services for my home after seeing your lackluster performance at my apartment building, as explained in the remainder of my letter.

Although I do not have a Service Agreement with Comcast for my 12 unit apartment building, most all of the tenants there do.  One of the tenants was not getting the speed he had been promised so he had a tech come out on two separate occasions and they came to the conclusion that more Comcast lines into the building were necessary, but the owners permission was needed. Thinking that I, as the owner of 2915 34th Street in Sacramento, CA,  should take responsibility for the servicing of this, I took a day off work and made an appointment for a tech to meet me there at 10 am Weds.  I gave the CSR on the phone my cell phone number and asked that the tech call that number rather than my tenants' number.

Now it's 12:30 on Weds, no tech, no call, and my tenant rolls up and tells me that Comcast called his phone (not mine) at 10 am and cancelled the appointment. The two of us called Comcast and asked them that since I took the day off work, spent a couple hours waiting, and drove 30 minutes to get there, if they could still send a tech out that day.  We were promised that a tech would come before 4 pm (Ticket #834751 on Nov. 21, 2012)  I waited.  At 4:30, no tech, no call.  I called Comcast and it was strange.  She would not acknowledge or deny my Ticket #, but she repeatedly ignored whatever I said about my missed second appointment and just told me that Comcast had cancelled my first appointment that morning.  Just like our second appointment had never happened.  Now it has been 6 1/2 hours of waiting in a parking lot for me, not wanting to miss them.  She assured me that she would then send out another tech that would call me in 15 minutes.  One hour later, no tech, no call.  I call back and she ignores me when I tell her that I was waiting for a third time.  Finally she admits to me that she has no record of it, just the first appointment cancelled that morning, and that the techs are now done for the day.  It is now 6 pm.

I took the day off work (non paid), drove one hour, and waited 8 hours in an apartment building parking lot for nothing.  Combined the tenants pay Comcast $400 - $500 per month and Comcast could care less.  I feel completely disrespected and lied to, tired of being on the phone for close to 2 hours with numerous CSR's from Comcast that do not even seem to be connected to the company. One gentleman could find no information for 20 minutes when the next woman that I spoke with pulls it up in 30 seconds.  I was repeatedly ignored when I asked why no one showed up both times when promised.  I guess their policy is that when asked a real question, just do not answer.  No one to pay the consequences because no one cares.  Sadly, just ineptness and dishonesty.

I have no choice but to make another appointment for my tenants' sake.   All those tenants really care about it.  Two already dropped it for dish.  I wish your employees just cared a fraction about any of this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2012 12:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/comcast/internet/comcast-Poor-Customer-Service-Internet-973310. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on comcast