Complaint Review: Comcast

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Bryan — Alabama
Comcast
3251 Players Club Pkwy Memphis, Tennessee USA

Comcast installed a trap on my line then charged me $50 to fix it. Won't give refund. Memphis Tennessee

*Consumer Comment: Traps

*Consumer Comment: Really?

*Author of original report: This response what 8 out of 10 comcast workers are like

*General Comment: ???

I've been a comcast customer for years. One day, i wake up, my internet service is down. I call. They send someone out 6 days later. They had installed a trap on my line. Then, i get a charge for $50 on my bill for them to take off the trap they installed. RIDICOLOUS. No internet for a week, spent hours of my time to get it fixed, called for a refund, won't send me over to a supervisor, submitted a ticket, ticket refund denied....and worst of all....the guy they sent to uninstall the trap they installed....DIDN'T BRING A LADDER. He went around my neighboorhood and ASKED to borrow a ladder....so i waited HOURS for the moron to uninstall the trap he installed.

After MULTIPLE calls, I still have a $50 charge on my bill for "installing" internet e.g. uninstalling the trap they installed.

They may turn this into a business, come out and install a trap on my line each week, then charge me to "install" my service.

SCAM! RIPOFF! WASTE YOUR TIME!! WON'T FIX YOUR BILL! CALL TAKING OFF A TRAP THEY PUT ON, INSTALLING SERVICE!

SCAM! SCAM! RIPOFF! RIPOFF!

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE ON EARTH.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 01:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Memphis-Tennessee-38125/Comcast-installed-a-trap-on-my-line-then-charged-me-50-to-fix-it-Wont-give-refund-M-1056664. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast

Traps

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

having worked as a tech for comcast for some time now, I can honestly tell you that a trap would not have stopped your internet from working. A trap is placed on the line to prevent you from getting cable TV service when you are not paying for it. internet and telephone pass through it unphased.

Really?

AUTHOR: 335 Mossy Springs Dr. - ()

You obviously have not had to deal with Comcast then.

First of all. They are suppose to fix any problems at no charge. Is that not what is included on your bill? Maybe you should look at your bill.

I had a problem with my cable bill and called to report the problem. I get a foreigner who understood no English. Then told me they would have someone out the next day that never showed up. She did however tried to sell me a new package and really had no concern over my problem. The problem is most of these cable companies start you out with a bundle package at a low low rate then after about 3 years you are paying an outrageous price. They do not mind charging you for their services but it takes forever to get someone out to fix your problem. You are Not suppose to be charged for them to repair a service that you had no control over. Period!

This response what 8 out of 10 comcast workers are like

AUTHOR: Bryan - ()

If giving tea and waiting for hours while the contract worker who didn't bring a ladder called around and asked people for a ladder (that i didn't have) to take off a trap comcast installed is being, disrespectful, we'll clearly your the type of comcast worker i've been dealing with!

#4 General Comment

???

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

Im sorry to ask this, but are you seriously going to sit there and tell everyone on the web that you shouldnt have to pay for services remdered? Point in fact....Most service calls where a technician has to come out and do work at your physical location will cost between $75-$150. Parts maybe $20-$40. Double that for 2 visits.

What it sounds like to me is that there was an issue and you just dont WANT to pay for it. As for the poor tech who didnt have a ladder, I feel sorry for him. Im sure you were the sweetness and light that your post makes you out to be with this tech. Im also equally sure your the type of person who calls and calls and complains and complains just to get your way. That tech was probably dispatched out because you wouldnt stop calling and harrasing them. You should be ashamed of yourself. How low of a individual are you that not only are you going to harrass ppl who are trying to help you, but then to not pay after the services had been rendered. Were you not raised correctly? Perhaps a blow to the head as a child has impared your ability to function in normal society?

Someone really needs to treat you as you are treating others. You should really try and get a customer service job. Then when you have to deal with ppl who act as you do, you might have some perspective. Pay your debts and realize the world isnt the perfect little place in your head and that the other ppl you interact with are humans and mistakes happen. Probably not to you since you must be divinity or something.