Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Sat, May 23, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 23, 2009

• Reported By:Richmond Virginia
Comcast
5401 Staples Mill Road Richmond, Virginia U.S.A.
  • Phone: 804-266-1900
  • Web:
  • Category: Cable TV

Comcast They billed me after I closed the account and now claim that I did not return the equipment Richmond Virginia

I closed my account on May 3rd and returned the equipment the next day, Monday May 4th. I was given a receipt and fortunately kept it. I received a bill for the next 30-day cycle ending June 6th. When I called today to straighten this out, I was told that it showed that I owed $50. I told the representative that this bill is for $156.97 and that, in fact, they owed me a refund for the 3 days paid in advance. She then acknowledged that this was true, however, she claimed that I did not return the equipment.

I had been forewarned that this would happen by a friend who recently had the same thing happen. I will take the receipt to the office to try to clear this up, but I find this very suspicious. She said if I did not have the receipt, they would charge me and if I did not pay, it would go to collections! Thank goodness I switched to Verizon. I know Comcast's number by heart because I have had so many problems with them.

I will update once I see how this is subsequently handled. I won't be surprised if it doesn't end here.

Michele
Richmond, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2009 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Richmond-Virginia-23228/Comcast-They-billed-me-after-I-closed-the-account-and-now-claim-that-I-did-not-return-the-454645. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast