Complaint Review: Comcast

• Submitted: Wed, September 26, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, September 26, 2012

• Reported By: sayDude — Saint Paul Minnesota United States of America
Saint Paul, Minnesota United States of America

Comcast Xfinity Company Mission Statement: Payment of delinquent accounts accepted only with return business. Otherwise, we will hang up on you 4 times. Saint Paul, Minnesota

Called Comcast to pay an old account balance in good faith.  1st attempt:  was asked if I would be reestablishing cable service with them.  Confirmed that I would not, just wanted to pay off bill.  I was asked if I had any other entertainment service, I mentioned that I was a Netflix customer.  After finding my old account in database, was placed on hold for transfer to the billing department.  Call was dropped.

2nd attempt:  Called back from my same land line phone.  Explained that the phone was disconnected, but wanted to be connected to billing dept. to pay old bill.  Again was asked if I wanted to set up service after payment of past bill.  Again, I declined.  Again placed on hold for transfer to billing.  Again, phone dropped.

3rd attempt:  Thinking something was wrong with my phone on my end,  I decided to call again and ask for the billing department's direct number instead of being transferred.  Was told that I called the correct number and would have to go through the phone tree or be transferred.  The Rep. even asked me to make sure not to hang up until the call goes through to billing.  I took it as he thought incorrectly that I was getting impatient with waiting and keeped hanging up.   This time I did get someone from billing.  But as I started to talk, phone dropped.

4th attempt:  "OK,  something has to be wrong with my phone", I thought.  This time I called from a mobile phone.  CSR asked If I was reestablishing service after payment.  Same routine.  No, just payment.  Explained my previous dropped calls.   Transferred to billing.  Got billing agent again,  but after telling her my name, mobile phone dropped.  Irratation is now setting in.  But I am determined to pay this bill.

5th Call:  Went back to my land line phone but with an added twist on my part.  CSR asked if I would be setting up service.  "Yes, I would like to reestablish service", I said.  After telling her that I needed to first pay off an old outstanding bill,  she said, "yes, I can take care of that".  Funny how after I said I would reestablish service, the CSR did not need to transfer me to a billing agent for payment.  She took care of it right there.  After I got the confirmation number for my payment, I told her I would be holding off on reestablishing service.

I had to stup to their level of misleading deception to get this bill paid.  This speaks volumes.  Not good.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2012 06:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Comcast/Saint-Paul-Minnesota-/Comcast-Xfinity-Company-Mission-Statement-Payment-of-delinquent-accounts-accepted-only-947161. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Comcast