Complaint Review: COMCAST

• Submitted: Sat, May 03, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2008

• Reported By:State College Pennsylvania
COMCAST
http://www.comcast.net State College, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

COMCAST COMCAST OVERBILLS, WILL NOT MAKE PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS State College Pennsylvania

COMCAST is a very unfair company. Regardless of any financial circumstances (job loss, etc), they will not make payment arrangements. I took all my equipment back--I had phone, Internet and also cable. There was nothing worth watching on cable anyway. Everything is reality shows and often, the signal would go out and then the entire thing would have to reload (it's digital) and so it would be all for nothing anyway. I ended up owing about $400--and this was partly because of job loss and also because I am taking care of a 91 1/2 year old father with Alzheimer's Disease. Yes, I know it was my fault for missing bill payment, but when you are dealing with an ill family member, these things happen and I am only human!! The point of filing this report with RipOffReport.com is that Comcast refuses to make any payment arrangements. I was told that "they just will not do it." I have never yet before heard of any company that refuses to make payment arrangements. Thus, I discontinued everything with them and went back to Verizon for phone and DSL. Much more reasonable rates. As far as cable TV goes, I have decided to do without; if I want to watch movies, I'll put in a DVD or VHS tape. And I can buy the newspaper to get the news.

Janice
State College, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2008 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/COMCAST/State-College-Pennsylvania-16803/COMCAST-COMCAST-OVERBILLS-WILL-NOT-MAKE-PAYMENT-ARRANGEMENTS-State-College-Pennsylvania-330326. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on COMCAST