Complaint Review: Community Aid, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, December 19, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Ex-employee — Camp Hill Pennsylvania
Community Aid, Inc.
4833 Carlisle Pike Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Community Aid, Inc. Unjust Termination of Employment Mechanicsburg Pennsylvania

I was employed at Community Aid Thrift store in Mechanicsburg, PA. I reported a harrassment case against me from another employee. It was demeaning to me and affected my work performance.When HR did their investigation, I was informed that this employee was just joking. Wow..just joking. I can take a joke but what was said to me was not a joke.I was never given a copy of their investigation. When I went back to work, I was given 2 written warnings at once and was terminated. I was never given an opportunity to improve on those areas or knew I had issues. Community Aid supposely has an open door policy.When it came to me,it was a closed door policy. There a lot of hard working employees at the Mechanicsburg store but the faith based operation does not recognize them.

The management ever offers a compliment to those who deserve it. There is a lot of favoritism at this store. Glenn, the executive director, even goes though the trash cans to make sure you do not throw away anything you think is trash.He even does this with the dumpsters. At one point, 2 employees went to HR to file a complaint against another employee and they were told to never mine and it was none of their business.They have a lot of turnover and its because they do not care. They can be replaced.

They say they promote within. However, they hired 2 managers off the street as well as a assistant warehouse manager.They cut employee's hours to below 30 hours per week so they do not have to pay health care under the Obamacare. They Mechanicsburg makes an average of about $300,000.00 per month and their expenses are about $110,000.00 per month. Do the math. Glenn rather look good in giving it away to charity verses pay their employees who bust their butts to make it happen. They say they are neighbors helping neighbors...its really Glenn helping Glenn.Do not work there..ITS A JOKE!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 08:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Aid-Inc/Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-17011/Community-Aid-Inc-Unjust-Termination-of-Employment-Mechanicsburg-Pennsylvania-1108266. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Aid, Inc.