Complaint Review: Community Banks of Colorado

• Phone: 303 761 1052
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Community Banks of Colorado Unreliable and Unresponsive Englewood Colorado

If you're looking for a bank that doesn't do what they say, won't contact you, changes their minds, and makes you work hard to get anything done, then look no further.

I've had several accounts with Community Banks for a number of years, have excellent credit, and have appreciable assets in their bank. So issuing me a credit card for a fraction of my assets should be a no brainer.

I went into the Englewood branch and spoke with a banker "M" (name withheld) concerning obtaining a credit card. After an identity theft incident several years ago, my credit reports are locked. I asked if that would be a problem, and she assured me it would not. (I was asking for a credit line a fraction of the money I have in their bank) So with that promise, I completed an application.

After a month went by with no response, I contacted her. She said they needed a copy of my credit report, but that it didn't matter from which agency. I provided them with a copy. Then she said they wanted another one, but won't explain why. That unresponsiveness again

In the meantime, they sent me a "denial notice" (not because I have bad credit - I don't - but because they couldn't access my credit report, which I had told them up front) and suggested I could use it to get a free copy of my credit report. Of course, I'm entitled to 2 free copies per year (everyone is), and were I to send the "denial" notice to the credit reporting agency, the Credit reporting agency would certainly believe that I had been "denied" because I have bad credit, and my credit score would take a hit. Very tricky, and not at all nice.

I started the process in November, I last contacted "M" in May, its now July, and I haven't heard back from "M" in a month and a half.

If she'd told me that it would be difficult, I never would have bothered applying. I asked, she promised, but didn't deliver. I follow the philosophy that if you say you'll do something (issue a credit card, for example) then you do it. Don't promise what you can't or won't deliver, and don't trick people into hurting their credit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/03/2014 12:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Community-Banks-of-Colorado/Englewood-Colorado-80113/Community-Banks-of-Colorado-Unreliable-and-Unresponsive-Englewood-Colorado-1159388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Community Banks of Colorado