symbols

• Updated: Fri, October 26, 2012

• Reported By: Jennifer — Glen Carbon Illinois United States of America
company listed at P.O. Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa
Harlan, Iowa United States of America

company listed at P.O. Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa magazine subscription scam Harlan, Iowa

After entering an online sweepstakes for a popular magazine I was led to a website that offered cheap subscriptions to a variety of magazines. I paid $5 for six issues of Oprah Magazine. The issues never arrived.

About a month later, I received an email stating that  unless I contacted this subscription service by writing to P.O. Box 6093, Harlan, IA, my "subscription" would be automatically renewed. I ignored this, still waiting to see if the issues that I paid for would ever arrive. I did respond to the email, and the address that appeared when I replied was:

otheoprahmagazine_@myaccount.hearstmags.com

A month after than, I received an invoice in the mail, thanking me for choosing their "Continuous Service Program," and informing me that $19.97 was now due for my "renewal." I was told to pay at pay.theoprahmag.com. The invoice was signed by "B. Fichtel, Subscription Services." Again, the only address given was P.O. Box 6093, Harlan, IA 51593-1318.

This is obviously a SCAM. I hope this operation is investigated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2012 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/company-listed-at-PO-Box-6093-Harlan-Iowa/Harlan-Iowa-51593/company-listed-at-PO-Box-6093-Harlan-Iowa-magazine-subscription-scam-Harlan-Iowa-960412. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on company listed at P.O. Box 6093 Harlan, Iowa