Jim

Complaint Review: Compaq - HP - Hewlett Packard

• Submitted: Wed, March 03, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, March 03, 2010

• Reported By: dissapointed — north providence Rhode Island United States of America
Compaq - HP - Hewlett Packard
north providence, Rhode Island United States of America

Compaq - HP - Hewlett Packard compaq company doesnt honor warrenties then steals your computer for recycling north providence, Rhode Island

I purchased my compaq Presario laptop from best buy.  within 5 months the hardrive needed to be replaced.  They sent me the part and I paid money to have it fixed at that time so that i didnt have to send computer out.  5 months after that hardrive fails again.  This time i sent it in to company to be fixed.  First they said it would not be fixed due to there was water damage there was no water damage.  so I stated good send it back to me so i can check condition of my computer myself and have a professional look at it and i will sue you for the costs.  It took about a month to get a fed ex package which i was not home at the time to receive.  The fed ex made one attempt to deliver package i waited a week for second attempt when that didnt happen went to go pick it up.  fed ex explained that hp told them to just send it back to them.  I received a email which they and 7 days later i called to have package delivered to the same address.  hp explained since we did not hear from you we have sent you computer for recycling.  This is my property.  They have not replaced computer.  They have not sent me mine back and all the while the computer they recycled was under a year old and still under warrenty.  This should be considered an illegal practice.  I filed complaints with hp and no one has addressed the issue.  While since I have purchased a new computer not HP since I had no choice to go without one for much long i feel like I made a purchase and when the product fail i sent it in to be fixed and they took my property and failed to send me a letter or make any attempt to contact me.  This is an unacceptable practice and anyone dealing with hp should be aware of this practice.  I have considered suiing hp and have not ruled it out I am giving it until the end of the month to hear something or else I will be forced to make a small claims suit in my state.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2010 01:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compaq-HP-Hewlett-Packard/north-providence-Rhode-Island-/Compaq-HP-Hewlett-Packard-compaq-company-doesnt-honor-warrenties-then-steals-your-com-577416. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compaq - HP - Hewlett Packard