Complaint Review: Compel Fitness (Personal Training)

• Submitted: Mon, October 21, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: TEE — Upper Marlboro Maryland
Compel Fitness (Personal Training)
Bowie, Maryland USA

Compel Fitness (Personal Training) Contract Issues Bowie Maryland

Back in April of 2013 my contract was up with Golds Gym and in April I decided I wanted to try a personal trainer. I continued the services for 30 days and then I decided I wanted to cancel my membership and services with Golds Gym. I called and a Gold's Gymm member told me I had to write a letter of cancellation and give them 30 days. I followed the procedures and I thought everything was handled. Then in July I decided to renew my membership and no one never informed me that this situation existed. Then on September 9th I believe I received a phone saying that I owned 2000.00. This was my first knowledge that this issue existed.

When I contact Compel Fitness I wanted to find out why I was turned into collections,  they told me they never received a notice. It’s not my fault that I didn’t receive the proper procedures from the gym. They also told me they couldn’t fix the situation because my account was no longer available in their system. When I tried to call all parties to settle this situation I received no resolution and no one took a plan of action. The collection representative was no help also because he told me that it doesn’t matter if I didn’t receive the proper instructions because I was obligated to pay this amount. And this response is  unacceptable.

I understand if there's cancellation fee but they are not entitled to a year of service. And why am I finding out about this situation in September. If I knew about this situation earlier I could have fix this situation. If I didn’t receive the proper instructions on canceling the services and there was a cancellation fee I have no problem with paying that , but Compel is NOT entitled to 2000.00. And I refuse to pay that amount. Another reason I cancelled these services is because the person that said they would be training me , trained me for two sessions to get me to sign the contract then when I signed on for the services I found out I would be trained by other people. That was not the agreement when I signed up for his services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compel-Fitness-Personal-Training/Bowie-Maryland-20716/Compel-Fitness-Personal-Training-Contract-Issues-Bowie-Maryland-1093456. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compel Fitness (Personal Training)