Complaint Review: Compel fitness

• Updated: Wed, August 21, 2013

• Reported By: rebecca94 — Bellingham Washington
Compel fitness
1504 Iowa Street Bellingham, Washington USA

Compel fitness gympayment.comparamount acceptance false contract terms Bellingham Washington

*Author of original report: situation resolved

I signed on with a personal trainer with compel fitness which is located in our Bellingham, Wa fitness evolution gym.

I met with this trainer and he showed me his client success stories I agreed to sign on with only him and was assured twice that yes I would work with only him and they showed me how to log in and schedule appointments with this trainer.  Once I was assured I agreed.  I was told that this was not a contract that I would be paying $45 per session, this I agreed to.

Yesterday I tried to log in and schedule what was to be my first training session.  However this trainer no longer works there.

So I called compel fitness- through the contact tab in gympayment.com and was told that it didn't matter that I signed on with this trainer that I'm signed on with compel fitness and to exit- even though I have not even had a first session that I would have to pay a $250.00 buy out fee.   This was shocking news to me as I was not led at all to believe that I was contracted  in for a year.  I know, I know read the FINE PRINT!! However this is not the terms that I agreed to.

I would rather pay a attoney fee then be ripped off $250 for services that were NOT received.  They had also taken $49 from my account.  I am not interested in throwing $300 out the window. I have read so many on-line complaints regarding this businesses practices that I'm worried it doesn't just stop here.

This is unfortuate because the gym is really great- this Compel fitness that is a seperate company within the gym is terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2013 03:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Compel-fitness/Bellingham-Washington-98226/Compel-fitness-gympaymentcomparamount-acceptance-false-contract-terms-Bellingham-Washin-1077909. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Compel fitness

situation resolved

AUTHOR: rebecca94 - ()

A district manager from Compel fitness called me today.  He told me that he wanted to make sure that clients are happy, he understood that I did not understand I was being signed on for a one year contract and removed me from contract terms without billing me a $250.00 buy out fee.   very pleased that this was handled and I didn't have to pay a large sum of money. Lesson learned never sign anything without first taking it home and reading every detail.