Complaint Review: compusa

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2002

• Reported By:anchorage ak
601 E Diamon Blvd. anchorage, Alaska U.S.A.

compusa ripoff rebate scam dirt bags anchorage Alaska

On Columbus day 2002 CompUSA ran a radio Ad offering 128 meg ram for $9 after rebate.
I asked the store clerk if there was any limit to the rebate. He went and asked the manager. The clerk told me that could buy as many as I want and that I could send the rebate forms in all at once.

The clerk gave me 4 copies of the rebate form and four copies of the receipt.After a month or so I received a notice from the company that the rebate was refused because CompUSA was not participating in the rebate program.

I went back to CompUSA with the refusal forms and after a 45 minuet wait, while they look up the ad the manager told me he could only honor one. He showed me a copy of a different rebate form from the one I got which state only one rebate per customer.

I argued that the sales clerk told me there was no limit. His replay was that the clerk made a mistake. I told him that was his employee's mistake not mine. The manager than rudely told me " you should have read the it for yourself, have a good day" than he walked away.
I have been ripped off several times on CompUSA rebate scams where CompUSA refused to honor or change the conditions of the advertised rebate. My suggestion is to stay away from the Mexico-based store an buy from a reputable retailer. ( CompUSA was sold to the Mexico-based retailer Grupo Sanborns)

anchorage, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2002 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/compusa/anchorage-Alaska-99510/compusa-ripoff-rebate-scam-dirt-bags-anchorage-Alaska-35649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on compusa