Complaint Review: CompUSA

• Submitted: Sun, October 30, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, December 18, 2006

• Reported By:Raleigh North Carolina
CompUSA
7101 Glenwood Ave. Raleigh, North Carolina U.S.A.

CompUSA RIPOFF Bait & Switch Sunday Ads - No Stock - No Rain Checks! Raleigh North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: how to resolve compusa issues

*Consumer Suggestion: How to deal with scammers like Comp USA

I've seen alleged good deals advertized in the Sunday paper inserts for CompUSA. Three times in the last 2 months I've gone to the store at opening time on the day the "sale" begins only to find that the ad was a bad joke.

Once for a flat screen monitor, another for a digital camera, and the last time for a hard drive.

In every case, they had NONE of the sale items I was eager to give them money for in stock. They refuse to issue rain checks nor will they take down my phone number to call me "if" more stock arrives.

Strangely, before I go to the store (and before the store is open for business) I check their web sight to check their inventory and their sight always says that the items are "in stock" at the store!

I actually got peed-off enough in the case of the monitor that I made them sell me the display model...which was probably a bone-headed idea on my part since the thing will probably blow up in a month or two after having been manhandled by God-knows-how-many customers!

Another issue I have with CompUSA is that they assume every customer is a thief! I bought a camera, a memory stick, and a RAM stick and they made me pay for them seperately at each department. They wouldn't ("can't) let me take all of my stuff to the front check-out and pay for it at once.

I must be confused...have it backwards...or something! Here I am, desperately willing to give this business HUNDREDS of my dollars, and they make it so difficult and aggravating for me, that I can't!

100-1 odds that they go out of business within 5 years! I can't wait until I get their "Going Out of Business Sale" insert in the Sunday paper...it'll go straight into the recycling bin.

David
Raleigh, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2005 09:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/CompUSA/Raleigh-North-Carolina-27612/CompUSA-RIPOFF-Bait-Switch-Sunday-Ads-No-Stock-No-Rain-Checks-Raleigh-North-Carolin-162670. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on CompUSA

how to resolve compusa issues

AUTHOR: Kristy - (U.S.A.)

for the last 3 months I have been taking photos of CompUSA "ad correction notices" every single week there are at least 2-3 ad corrections posted on the board inside there stores in my area

while it is true misprints do occur with retailers like office depot, best buy etc. there is a consistant pattern every single week with Compusa unlike there competitors where I believe there is evidence of intent do decieve customers.

I would suggest people do the same and contact your local Attorney Generals office.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

How to deal with scammers like Comp USA

AUTHOR: Scott - (U.S.A.)

I myself have had similer problems with CompUSA and unfortunately COnsumer affairs and authorities been ignoreing them. Instead I have just contacted my credit card company who has instead credited the difference or in ocasion where they sold a bogus replacement contract has refuded the whole item. If they call I tell them (You must come to me now and sign a release to get item) and never hear back.