Complaint Review: Computer House

• Updated: Mon, October 21, 2013

• Reported By: wantrefund — Maple Plain Minnesota
Computer House
3496 Shoreline Drive, Wayzata, Minnesota USA

Computer House Sold me a laptop; said it would have Windows 7 on it and it has Windows 8. I told Rep I did not want Windows 8. He lied to me and kept the laptop for several days and said that it had been reconfigured as Windows 7. It is not Windows 7, and I dislike it very much. I want a complete refund. He told me he would charge me a restocking fee and a fee for stopping payment of my check. He is a liar and a cheat. Wayzata/Navarre MN

My laptop quit working, and I went to this company to see what they had as a replacment. The rep told me he would sell me a laptop with Windows 7 on it. He sold me a laptop with Windows 8. I used it for a few minutes after I got it home and knew it was not Windows 7. I stopped payment on my check to him. I went in the next day with the computer to return it. The rep lied to me and told me the laptop would be reconfigured to actually have Windows 7 on it. He decided that since I was an older woman I would not know the difference.

I have been using computers for 30 years and know many different programs. I spoke with my bank and they told me to write him a new check. He kept the laptop for several days and then told me it had Windows 7 on it. I organized my data on it after I got the laptop home, and knew right away it was not Windows 7. The company proprietor kept lying to me the entire time. One computer program - a music software program - I use will work on the laptop, but the rest of the software I own will not.

I went to the business the next day to return the computer after speaking with the music software people. The computer company rep told me that he told me all the while the the laptop would have Windows 8 on it but would look like Windows 7. I told him I wanted a laptop with Windows 7 on it, not Windows 8. He told me that he would charge me a restocking fee and also a fee for stopping payment of my check. I want a complete refund of my money and to return the laptop computer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2013 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-House/Wayzata-Minnesota-55391/Computer-House-Sold-me-a-laptop-said-it-would-have-Windows-7-on-it-and-it-has-Windows-8-1093461. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer House