Complaint Review: Computer one

• Reported By: Anonymous — Georgia
Computer one
1472 Roswell rd Marietta, Georgia USA

Computer one Computer Scam one Marietta Georgia

I took my laptop to them in Sept to have the hard drive fixed.  I was told that it would cost one price however when I came back to pick it up the price had increased by $65.  After arguing with the rude manager for more than 15 min I was able to get the price that I was originally quoted.  My laptop never ran as fast as it originally did; for that reason I never used it.  I was told at another shop that the hard drive that was put in my computer was too slow for my computer and that I should speak to the place that installed the hard drive because it shldnt be messing up after only 5 months! "Mind you I rarely used my laptop, maybe 2x a month" .. I was thinking that windows had crashed and needed to be reinstalled so I went back to computer one to see what was going on.  I explained the issue to the lady who is nice but unknowledgeable about anything that the store offers said that she would waive the diagnostic fee.  So when they called and said that I needed a new hard drive after only having the one that they installed for only 5 months and never using it I said that I didnt want them to fix my computer! When I went to pick up my computer they were never there and not opened at all during store hours.  When they did show up they wanted me to pay a diagnostic fee; eventhough I was told that it would be waived.

So not only did they do poor work to fix it the first time they also lied and wanted me to have it fixed "incorrectly" a second time.  The manager was rude and both times that I dealt with him he had a poor demeanor and no regard for me as a customer.  They say that their credit card machine is down but they really only take cash so that the charges wont be reversed.. I wouldnt advise anyone to go to them unless you plan on getting your electronic device fixed mult times!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2014 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Computer-one/Marietta-Georgia-30062/Computer-one-Computer-Scam-one-Marietta-Georgia-1136404. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Computer one