Complaint Review: ComWave

• Reported By: Sun_Guy — Edmonton Alberta Canada
ComWave
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

ComWave, Telephone Discounter Edmonton, Alberta Canada

This was not a telemarketer problem. However; They have them...
I Saw an ad in Metro weekend Free news paper advertising Comwave and cheap long distance charges for Canada, USA, the rest of the world. I was short on money so I couldn't provide their $50.00 security Deposit. So they wouldn't activate my service.

However they also activated their charging to my bank account. I don't see the charges until my statement comes in. I Immediately telephoned them and told them to stop billing me on an account I couldn't even use yet because the number was flagged about a Security Deposit. So the number to me was non-functional It was a battle to get through to someone of a higher management position. this was after 2 times I tried and was not served. When I finally got through June 13th (+ -) They assured me their billing would stop. Whom ever I spoke to didn't follow through and a payment for July was billed to my Bank account. I'm back on line and after another fight to get through to the proper party, was told that they would definitely stop. There was no mention of sending my money back. Well along comes August, another charge which caused one of my checks to bounce Another $40.00 came out of my account. Another phone call and I am just a bit hot under the collar. Another fight to get through to the correct party. Who knew they were supposed to stop charging. So as I waited on the phone she did that. Then I wanted my money back. she agreed, but when I said you caused a check to bounce and I need the $40.00 or more would be bouncing.

She said we don't refund banking fees for your bounced check She was very nice and polite. So was I and I would not take no for ananswer. She took it to her boss, She came back and said the Boss says no we don't do that. I told them they were the ones that were clearly at fault and should be the ones to cover the fee. She said no. So as it happened I had a doctors appointment across from the ScotiaBank where I do my transactions. I don't know why I went in and the manager was standing there and I asked hin if he thought they were right or playing craps with loaded dice. I went to my appointment 15 min and I went back to my bank to make a withdrawal...

My bank manager took it upon himself to call these people and by the time I got there he had it done and finished. My point is don't take any guff from people like that. If you need to call the manager better go in and see him or her. They'll get the ball rolling!

Now my summation of this incident, Check out these or any other you might want to deal with on ripoffreport.com first to see if these shadey characters are listed there and check the better Business Bureau. Your Bank manager most likely have something on them, "CHECK THEM OUT!"

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/27/2009 08:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ComWave/Edmonton-Alberta-T5N-2V4/ComWave-Telephone-Discounter-Edmonton-Alberta-Canada-545965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ComWave