Complaint Review: conduit.com

• Submitted: Mon, April 02, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, April 03, 2012

• Reported By: drjohn — Spokane Valley Washington United States of America
conduit.com

conduit.com conduit.com keeps you captive on your toolbar, after a slick marketing ploy./ Then they shut down their customere concerns webpage conduit.comInternet

*Consumer Comment: Bull

*UPDATE Employee: How can I help?

After accidentally accepting a "gift" of a toolbar from this company, it's turned out to be like herpes: I can't get rid of it! I tried to write to the customer concerns page, as many had before me. However, after so many complaints and wanting to discontinue the program by others, they anounced, get this, the page was closed and we were referred to contacting 'all' the associated sites (probably hundreds) to cancel out of each.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2012 09:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/conduitcom/internet/conduitcom-conduitcom-keeps-you-captive-on-your-toolbar-after-a-slick-marketing-ploy-862571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on conduit.com

Bull

AUTHOR: Tom - ()

Any search engine that "sneaks" in while downloading another program and then is impossible to remove through the normal channels is a scam.  When I change my homepage away from Conduit, it mysteriously re-appears. (I've found that blocking cookies from conduit stops this, but it's still infecting my computer in ways I don't even know) I've read about the fraud called conduit.com all over the internet, and most of them arn't as nice as me.  Please file a report with the ftc, bbb, Attorney General, and anyone else you can think of.

How can I help?

AUTHOR: Conduit - (Israel)

Hi,

My names is James Heron and I am the Marketing Associate at Conduit.

I am sorry that you feel put out, but I have to admit, that I dont quite understand as to
what you are referring to when you state that we have closed our 'customer concerns
page.' If you are referring to our 'Community', we took the decision to refocus our support services to ensure that our customer care service was better tailored to the individual needs of our publishers.

We have a publisher support facility, that has always existed, which you can get to through this link http://support.conduit.com/HelpCenter/Question

If you still have concerns, please email me at connect@conduit.com and I will do my best to personally assist you

Thanks for your feedback