Complaint Review: connectech

• Submitted: Fri, January 27, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, January 27, 2012

• Reported By: sterling — Baton Rouge Louisiana United States of America

connectech rip-off Internet

`` I called the number that's on my bill that I thought was info.about how to fix my computer.I had problems turning on the power.I had to turn it off by unpluggin it.I talked with someone i thought was helping me.the guy talked for about 20 min.I'm asking him to tell me what's wrong ,he reads something  i didn't understand,he's talking and i am talking ,Iwant to know what's wrong with my computer.he told me that a tech.had to check it out.next I know  i'm talking to a tech.he told me to unplug computer for 15 min.i did. still not coming on.I told the tech I turn it on/off this way all the time,he goes on to tell me a story of how too much info.I said forget it i'll take it back where  i bought it from.this was on or about june 30 2011.I hung-up the phone after about 20min.on phone.I bought another used computer on 2june2011.I get home ant hook-up computer.checked e-mail and there it was,a thank you from connectech for subscribing to them.I didn't subscribe to them.I called at&t the same day.I told them what happend to me .they contacted connectech we had a three way connection,it took about an hour to get them.we spoke with a supervisor.he asked me how long did the tech.talked to me.I said about 25min.he said the tech helped me for 35min.he told me i was subscribed and if i wanted to get out of  contract i could pay price of subscription which is about$180 dollars. i told him again i didn't subscribe.I told at&t i wasn't paying,they told me i would have to call them every time i got my bill to tell them i was't paying .I coutinued to call at&t ,every time it's someone different,so i dropped at&t and got cox.they"ve  know sent my name to ( bay area credit service llc)   I blame at&t for letting a rogue company like this cause them to lose a customer.i"ve been a customer for more than 25yrs.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2012 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/connectech/internet/connectech-rip-off-Internet-829613. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on connectech