Complaint Review: Connected Wireless, Inc

• Updated: Wed, June 26, 2013

• Reported By:
Connected Wireless, Inc
4381 Highland Dr Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Connected Wireless, Inc Damaged my phone, refused to fix it. Lied in BBB report. Salt Lake City Utah

*Author of original report: Connected Wireless lied in court

We came into one of Connected Wireless, Inc.'s Sprint Stores and were invited to try a phone accessory, they damaged our phone when removing the accessory, they are refusing to help us get it fixed/replaced.

My wife and I just bought new phones recently and as we were walking through the City Creek mall this past weekend we decided to look into the Sprint Store to see if they had any good cases for our Galaxy S4. Upon entering, a representative asked if we needed any help. We told him that we were wanting to look at cases for the Galaxy S4 and he showed us where they were at. This rep's name was Nathan, by the way, and he was very friendly and helpful.

After looking for a minute or two, Nathan said that if we wanted to that we could try on a couple of cases to see which ones we liked best. My wife slipped her phone into a case, and it went in easily and fit well. [continued below]....

..... Wanting to try another one, we handed the phone to Nathan to remove, as we didn't know how the cases were supposed to be taken off. He tried for a minute, struggling to get the case off, and he handed the phone to Rich, the store manager to help. Rich removed the case from the phone forcibly after struggling with it for a few minutes. He said, "what a joke," and gave the phone back to Nathan, who gave it back to us. We left the store without buying anything.

My wife then looked at her phone and then noticed that Rich had damaged her phone removing the case. The left side of the body of the phone, right by the volume buttons had been damaged and bent outward. The casing was separated from the screen, causing a gap. We called the store back right away, and they told us to come back on Monday and that "they would make it right and fix it."

When I went into the store, I spoke with Rich and he immediately told me there was nothing he could do. He was pretty rude about it as well. After arguing with him, he said that he'd call his general manager, but he left the store to do so. I found it odd and poor form for him to not make the call with me present. He came back after a few minutes and said again that there was nothing that he could do. I told him that since they damaged the phone that they should be responsible for the repair or replacement.

At that time Rich gave me a number to "call corporate." Corporate is Connected Wireless, Inc. They manage multiple Sprint Stores in Utah. It took me 7 days to get a response from Brian at Connected Wireless, and he only called me back after I told the receptionist that I was going to file a small claims against them. The phone call did not go well, and Brian was totally unsympathetic to the situation and chose not to help me in any way. He even went on to imply that we may have tried to blame them for us damaging our own phone. He says that I "don't qualify for help." It's a case of them flat out choosing to not make it right. They have full power to do so, and they're not.

At the actual store, they're telling me that by coming into the Sprint Store that I'm assuming risk that my phone might be damaged. That's their actual wording. The store has no disclaimers about phone damage, be it in writing or verbally stated. They invited us to try the cases, and they took the phone out of the case themselves. When I brought up that they have no disclaimer, Rich said, "well, it's common sense." That's his full response.
After getting nowhere with Connected Wireless, I filed a Better Business Bureau complaint against them. When they replied to my complaint, they lied multiple times in their response. It as shameful how many facts they misrepresented and I have proof that they lied. Between Nathan, Rich, and Brian, they cooked up a totally dishonest response and that's the route they've chosen to take.

Here are the basic facts:

- I did not damage the phone, the store employees did
- There is NO disclaimer either written or verbally expressed about damage to phones not being the store's responsibility
- I was invited to try the case by an employee, I did not remove the phone from the case
- The store manager, Rich, is being entirely unhelpful in this matter, Brian at Connected Wireless isn't willing to help either
- Connected Wireless lied multiple times in the response to my BBB complaint
- My wife's Galaxy S4, which was less than a week old when we went in, has damage to it that is unacceptable

Do NOT go to any of their stores. They are dishonest and don't care to take responsiblity for their screw ups. They will lie to people to try to make their case stronger in the event that you have a complaint against them. They are not an honest company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Connected-Wireless-Inc/Salt-Lake-City-Utah-84124/Connected-Wireless-Inc-Damaged-my-phone-refused-to-fix-it-Lied-in-BBB-report-Salt-Lak-1062304. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Connected Wireless, Inc

Connected Wireless lied in court

AUTHOR: 419 S Kays Dr - ()

Just to give an update and closure to this report, I'll explain what happened when we finally went to small claims court. I showed up with my information, receipts, pictures, and statements from the accessory maker and a Sprint customer service employee that all showed that Connected Wireless was at fault for the damage to the phone. In the end, none of that mattered though because Brian came to court and flat out lied to defend his company.

Brian told the judge that at Galaxy S4 was only worth $180, knowing full well that it (at the time) was a $600 phone. Brian also lied and told the judge that they had provided me a checklist of items to receive a settlement, which was also completely made up information. To make things worse, Brian went on to say that I had been changing my story and was presenting altered information to the the judge. Brian also claimed that they had inspected the phone and that no damage was found when I left the store, contradicting earlier statements that they never checked the phone.

Brian is a liar, and the company he works for, Connected Wireless, is a dishonest an bad company.

In the end, the judge took Brian's word that the Galaxy S4 would only be valued at roughly $180 and he claimed that I couldn't ask for $600 for my ruined phone when it wasn't worth that much. I also did not have the damaged phone in my possession for evidence, because it had to be replaced.

Do not shop at Connected Wireless, Inc. If anything goes wrong, they will lie, even under oath in court, to keep from having to do what is right. It's sad that companies like this exist and that the people who run them are capable of continuing their dishonest and bad behavior.