Complaint Review: connectuloan

• Reported By: mkw7554 — Goodlettsville Tennessee
connectuloan
157 Church St New Haven, Connecticut United States of America

connectuloan Heather Stevenson Internet Loan Scam New Haven Connecticut

*Consumer Comment: Not quite getting it.

Received a call from this place promising that I was approved for a loan and all I need to do to pay for an insurance policy to protect the loan  I thought it was weird but am so in need of the money I was going to try it but I kept checking back on this website to see if the company had ever been reported and today I found a report from someone who had actually sent them money  I am so thankful that this person shared because I was going to send them money today  I admit I was naive but those are the people are preying upon  They want you to send the insurance payment western union to an individual "carrier"  who takes it to them upon receipt then they will deposit the loaned amount into your bank account within 12 hours  I'm not sure whether I would have ever got the money or not but at this point no matter if I lose everything I have I am not sending them a dime  I knew better anyway but like I said I was desperate....don't fall for this.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2013 08:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/connectuloan/New-Haven-Connecticut-06510/connectuloan-Heather-Stevenson-Internet-Loan-Scam-New-Haven-Connecticut-1036635. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on connectuloan

Not quite getting it.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - ()

I'm glad that you were able to avoid the ripoff by checking this site, but there are a few things in your post that lead me to believe that you are ripe for the picking by the next scammer.   Ripoff report is a good resource, but these loan scammers change names constantly, so you can't really depend on finding them on this site right away.

There are a number of things you can do to recognize a loan scam without relying on someone else to post it.

" Received a call from this place promising that I was approved for a loan "

No legitimate loan company will promise a loan without a formal application and credit check.  If you get a call from someone you've never heard of saying that you're approved, you're being scammed.

" all I need to do to pay for an insurance policy to protect the loan  "

This would not be legal.   If someone tells you that you have to pay up front for "insurance" or "collateral", you are being scammed.

"   They want you to send the insurance payment western union to an individual "carrier" "

This is the capper.   No legitimate business requires W.U. personal transfers.  They leave no paper trail (which is why scammers insist on using it).   If someone you don't know wants you to send money this way,  you are being scammed.

"  I'm not sure whether I would have ever got the money or not  "

I guarantee that you would have not seen a penny from these people.   This is called the Advance Fee Loan Scam and the red flags above should make it obvious.    Don't take my word for it.  Have a look at the FTC's web page that describes the scam :