Complaint Review: Conn's Appliance Center

• Reported By: J L — Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Conn's Appliance Center
10143 E 71st Street Tulsa, Oklahoma USA

Conn's Appliance Center Rebate check is a LIE!!! Tulsa Oklahoma

I purchased a washer/dryer from Conn's in Tulsa back in the latter part of November. I was told at that time that I could get free delivery in the form of a rebate check. Delivery was for $79.95. I got my form, got the product delivered and then filled out my form and sent it in. I mailed my form on December 2nd, 2013.

I received an email from Conn's on December 24th telling me they had received my Rebate form and that it was now processing and could take up to 10 weeks. First off, I was told by the store that I would have my rebate back in 2 weeks. Nothing was ever indicated that it would take 10 weeks.

Second...how and why did it take Conn's 3 weeks to receive my rebate form and begin processing. Although I don't believe that, I don't have a leg to stand on.

What really concerns me is that every time I contact Conn's on the status of my rebate check, I'm told the same thing. It's being processed and to allow 10 weeks for a response. A response?

A response for what?

I went from being told my delivery was free, to having to get a rebate, to being told I would have it in 2 weeks, to being told it would take 10 weeks to now being told 10 weeks for a response.

I began doing some checking and it appears others have run into similar instances here. According to the time I sent in my forms, it has now been 11 weeks. According to the time Conn's say they received it, we're looking at 8 weeks. I guess I still have 2 weeks to go according to their logic.

I just feel like I'm being scammed here because nobody from Conn's is taking any initiative to get it taken care of. I've sent over 20 emails, called and had to leave messages (got no calls back) and still get the same song and dance when I do get a response.

If I'm late 1 day on my credit payment, I'm getting 20 calls threatening my first born. I feel like I've made a huge mistake in dealing with this company and I want to warn anyone from entering into an agreement. If you do buy something, pay cash. Don't finance it for number 1 and don't fall for the rebate lie!!! Perhaps some day I'll get it but it's not worth anything now because it was part of the financing situation...

Conn's is truly an old school joke and the joke is on me!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2014 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns-Appliance-Center/Tulsa-Oklahoma-74133/Conns-Appliance-Center-Rebate-check-is-a-LIE-Tulsa-Oklahoma-1122706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's Appliance Center