Complaint Review: Conn's Appliances And Electronics

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2007

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Conn's Appliances And Electronics
conns.com Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Conn's Appliances And Electronics Deceptive Trade Practices, Bogus insurance charges, Lies, Harrasment Ripoff Fort Worth Texas

Conn's.... The name say's it all. That is exactly what they do, the salesmen will lie to your face just to make a sale. They do not tell you about a single interest insurance policy they attach to your contract.

I purchased a big screen Television form these people and was NEVER told about insurance being added to the contract, when I disputed the charges the people in Conn's corporate office told me they would not remove the charges, I explained to them and proved that I had a homeowners policy that was current during the entire term of the contract, I even took a copy to the local store and the manager told me he could not do anything. at this point I refused to pay another dime until all the charges were removed. During this entire event I was in contact with one of the recovery managers for Conn's corporate all the while recieving threatening calls and letters form these people. I also had one home visit from thier collection agent.

I told thier collection agent that this account is under dispute and recomended he remove himself from my property at once.

These people are nothing less than what there name say's CONN'S so BUYER BEWARE. I personally will never do business with these folks again. In fact I will do all I can to stop fraudulent business practices, and deceptive trade practices. A full complaint is being filed with the FTC, and the Texas Attorney General. Following thier investigation I may file my own lawsuit. BEWARE !

Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 04:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns-Appliances-And-Electronics/Fort-Worth-Texas-76108/Conns-Appliances-And-Electronics-Deceptive-Trade-Practices-Bogus-insurance-charges-Lies-249965. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's Appliances And Electronics