Complaint Review: Conn's Appliances

• Updated: Mon, July 21, 2014

• Reported By: dmatchett — tomball Texas
Conn's Appliances
3295 College St beaumont, Texas USA

Conn's Appliances deceptive business practice with 1 year same as cash financing beaumont Texas

*Author of original report: information requested

*UPDATE Employee: Response to Report #1163685

I financed a loan through Conn's Appliances for a refrigerator in 2012. The loan had a 1 year no interest contract. The account was paid in full before the 1 year deadline. Conn's does not send written communication or statements about the account. July 2014 I receive a phone call from them saying that I owed $419 on the account. They stated that there was a balance of $18 left on the account. Though all payments were made in the store and the account balance was requested each time and with the final payment being made in December 2013. They charged all of the interest on the account.

It is my belief that they used payments from another account. During the same time that the account was paid in full, I was in the process of settling another account with them due to the same type of issues which I agreed to pay. I would have never opened this account had I known that I even had an open account with them. No one informed me that I still had a balance on the previous account. They just approved this account and months later told me that I had a payment due on the previous account. It process is very deceptive and unethical.

I believe that when I agreed to paid the settlement they took funds funds from the new account without permission to make it seem as though I had not paid the account in full so that they could charge the full interest on that account and then allow me to settle for a lesser amount but still more than I owed. I have talked with the corporate office and spoke with supervisor Ashley #26954. She advised me that they refuse to make any effort to work this out.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2014 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conns-Appliances/beaumont-Texas-77704/Conns-Appliances-deceptive-business-practice-with-1-year-same-as-cash-financing-beaumont-1163685. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conn's Appliances

information requested

AUTHOR: dmatchett - ()

I am Donald Matchett, my account number is 395064831, the model number of the refrigerator is FFHS2622MB

Response to Report #1163685

AUTHOR: Conn''''s Support - ()

Dear Consumer,

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this complaint. Unfortunately, we were unable to research your concerns because the complaint did not include identying information. However, we will be happy to look into this matter for you. Please contact us by email at socialmedia@conns.zendesk.com and include your contact and/or account information.

Kind regards,