Complaint Review: Conroe Air Conditioning & Heating

• Updated: Mon, April 07, 2014

• Reported By: Angry Customer — conroe Texas
Conroe Air Conditioning & Heating
12577 Hwy 105 West Conroe, Texas USA

Conroe Air Conditioning & Heating Approved for $8000 Financing-Job Quote $8000-For a MOBILE HOME!!! Conroe Texas

*General Comment: Apples for Oranges?

Our central air system went out, so I called Conroe Air because they were right down the street.  A very nicely dressed older gentleman came to our very 'hot' house to give us a quote.  We previously called in advance to get qualified for financing.  Our credit is immaculate, so we were approved easily.

We live in a 1200 sq. ft. mobile home.  The gentleman sat down and proceeded to tell us about his products.  My memory is rusty because it was last summer, but as I'm sitting in my wonderfully cooled home that was NOT cooled by one of Conroe Air's units, I realized that summer is here and more people are going to get ripped off, so I'd better warn them here.

After he was done with his presentation and told us that the unit would cost EXACTLY $8000, I was stunned!  I said NO WAY!  He just closed his books and said, "Good Luck then!"  and left. [continued below]....

.....  I called another place and got a TRANE, brand new, with TWO year warranty installed.  I paid $5300.

I don't remember the guys name, but he was older....50'ish.  He was a jerk once we decided not to buy.  Maybe he thought that since we lived in a mobile home that we were idiots.  We own four homes, and this one, like the others, will be fixed up and rented out like the others.

I believe that they try this scam to rip off seemingly uneducated people, but this time, they are getiing bit back!  I will never recommend this company to anyone!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/18/2013 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conroe-Air-Conditioning-Heating/Conroe-Texas-77304/Conroe-Air-Conditioning-Heating-Approved-for-8000-Financing-Job-Quote-8000-For-a-MOB-1051886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conroe Air Conditioning & Heating

#1 General Comment

Apples for Oranges?

AUTHOR: Jovusun - ()

I don't see how that can be considered a rip-off. If the two units were different in nature, then pricing would be different. While one contractor might offer a "Top of the Line" unit of a lessor known brand, The other contractor may be offering a builders grade unit at a lessor price. Check your model number of the outdoor unit to see if it contains the letter "B", meaning basic or builder's grade. I don't know either company, but if Conroe Air sent out a salesman, it tends to show they are a larger company than company "XYZ" that installed the unit. Price all has to do with company overhead. You SAY you have a 2 Year Warranty, but the fact remains that if company "XYZ" does not pay it's bills and goes out of business, so does your warranty. It is your option to get several bid or proposals, but because one charges a higher price does not mean they were ripping you off. Consider this: Maybe your Mobile Home Installation was not really their line of normal work, so they bid it HIGH to get you to get other bids. If you have to crawl under a mobile home and risk getting attacked by snakes or other critters, maybe there has to be extra figured in the job to compensate.

You didn't take their proposal, so why whine?