Complaint Review: Conscious Box

• Reported By: Vincent — Sicklerville New Jersey
Conscious Box
3549 NW Yeon Ave Portland, Oregon USA

Conscious Box Billing deception- hook, line, and sinker Portland Oregon

I signed up for the $7.95 trial using a promotional code on 2/16/14.  I knew my box was not going to come until late Feb early March (still waiting for it).  Using common logic, I was going to wait until I received the box to decide if I was going to continue the subsription or if I wanted to cancel it before the next month.  Unbeknownst to me, the company already billed my account for the next month, when I did not even receive the first box yet!

How can I decide if i want to keep a product or not when I never got it yet to judge it!?  What makes it worse is I requested a refund for the $19.95 charge 1 day after March 1st (apparently the new billing day cycle) and they refuse to refund me the money even though this box won't shop for atleast another 3-4 weeks!

The company insists that there are no expections to their policy and they are sorry that I am unhappy.  It is deceitful to bill me again because I didn't cancel a subscription plan that I never even had a chance to judge if I like the product or not. Other consumers have had this same problem with this company so if it fooled me, it fooled others.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2014 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conscious-Box/Portland-Oregon-97210/Conscious-Box-Billing-deception-hook-line-and-sinker-Portland-Oregon-1128499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conscious Box