Complaint Review: Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC

• Updated: Wed, January 27, 2010

• Reported By: Melissa — Seminole Florida United States of America
Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC
Rapid City, South Dakota United States of America

Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC Lost and Misapplied Payments. Threats of Late Fees and Rude Customer Service Reps... just the beginning! Rapid City, South Dakota

This is a very difficult company to deal with.  My mortgage was sold to them beginning 10/1/09.  The first problem was that they were not posting the payments properly.  I have always rounded my payment up to the nearest dollar and the extra was posted to the principal.  They decided on their own the extra would go to the next payment.  I was required to send them a letter detailing where I wanted the money to go.

The next problem was with my home owners insurance.  They decided that my home owners insurance deductible was too high at $2000.00 and they made me lower it to $1000.00.  If I did not they threatened me with billing me for their insurance.

They like to loose payments.  They have lost payments and demanded that I give them an additional payment while they were in contact with my bank to get proof they cashed my check.  They constantly threaten me with late fees.

This month they received my payment on 1/6/2010 and posted in in entirety to the principal while leaving my 2/2010 payment due.  When I called to question them, they insisted that I still need to pay 2/2010 payment and they would not accept the payment  they posted on 1/6/2010 toward my payment because I paid them "too early".  They refused to correct the problem due to "my inability to manage my bills".

After that phone call, I quickly phoned the FTC, Attorney General and the Office of Financial Regulations for my state.  They all urged me to encourage others to do the same.  This company likes to screw with people and scam them out of their money.  I told them I was not happy with the customer service and was then told "well, what are you going to do about it".

My goal with this report is to warn others about this company.  If you have a loan with this company, you must watch your account very closely.  I check my account on the website weekly and call monthly.  I get everyone's name and take notes on conversations.  Don't let this company take advantage of you.  Stand up to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2010 04:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC/Rapid-City-South-Dakota-/Conseco-Green-Tree-Servicing-LLC-Lost-and-Misapplied-Payments-Threats-of-Late-Fees-a-560903. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Conseco - Green Tree Servicing, LLC