Complaint Review: constant Home comfort Heating and cooling

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, February 07, 2013

• Reported By: Sek Pui LAU — Markham Ontario Canada
constant Home comfort Heating and cooling
7077 Kennedy Rd., Unit 204, Markham, ON, L3R0N8 Markham, Ontario United States of America

constant Home comfort Heating and cooling not finish the job, and past my file to Financial Credit Collect company, Markham, Ontario

*Consumer Comment: Company's use of legal threat disguesting

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: reality

I joined the Save energy from government, and then I call Constant Home Comfort Heating & Cooling company. I signed the contract on Jan, 2011. After a month he brought the other "he said the copy contract" to let me sign but my English is not good. so that I didn't check it and I signed it.
After that around one month  I called him many times. Finally  He came over to work. He must do the list:
1. Furnace, 2. A/C H.P., 3. Coil, 4. Fix window in 2nd Floor, 4. Thermostat, 5. Tankless, 6. Water Heater Tank. 7. Humidifier.
Finally, He finished all work except #4. Fix Windown in 2nd Floor. I called him during winter time.  He said that after winter he will come over to fix it.  Until right now he didn't show up and then I have receivced the UEI Financial Company letter on Jan 2012. I went to the Constant Home Comfort Office to pay all my amount even he didn't finish to fix window in 2nd floor. He said that he passed the file to UEI Financial Company. I must pay the interest with original price. He said that I signed the copy contract which is to pay to UEI Financial Company, not to Constant Home Comfort. So that UEI charged me more interest when the payment due date is over. The main point that he didn't finish his job how can I pay the full payment with interest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/constant-Home-comfort-Heating-and-cooling/Markham-Ontario-L3R0N8/constant-Home-comfort-Heating-and-cooling-not-finish-the-job-and-past-my-file-to-Financi-930567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on constant Home comfort Heating and cooling

Company's use of legal threat disguesting

AUTHOR: Dr. Mike Chen Teng Ph.D. - ()

While I may not agree with the original complainant, I find the company,  Constant Home Comfort's threat of legal action disgusting and deplorable. The complainant merely filed a complaint based on the fact he or she believed. There was no defamation or vicious attack on Constant Home Comfort.

Yet, the Constant Home Comfort, after a good initial explanation, found it necessary to use the threat of legal action in the end of the reply. For that reason alone, I will never deal with this company while under the present management.

Dr. Mike Teng, Ph.D. Professor of Criminal law and procedure [retired]

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: constant home comfort - (Canada)

Dear Customers:

We, at Constant Home Comfort, are dedicated and committed to a very high level of Customer Satisfaction and we are proud to be serving the communities for over 10 years.

First of all, the customer who had filed this complaint speaks and reads English. He had mentioned the letter received from UEI Financial in Jan. 2012 when the payment was due, but did not mentioned the initial welcome letter from UEI Financial that he had recieved in Jan. 2011.

The customer had mentioned that he had signed 2 contracts. The contract from Constant Home Comfort and the contract from UEI Financial looked completely different. Nobody should have mistaken those contracts!

Our representative had explained to the customer that the "No Payment, No Interest, Deferral Payment" financing option is good for the "original amount" if the customer were to pay off the full "original amount" within the "deferral period". Similar to plans out there offered by major Credit Card Companies and Big Box Retailers, if the customer does not pay off the amount in full before the "deferral period" ends, interest will accrue until the full amount owing including interest is paid off.

The customer had come to our office wanting to settle the account by paying the "original amount" after the "deferral period" had expired, but he did not want to pay for the interest incurred because the account was past due! This is not the way it works! If I missed a Credit Card payment by 1 day, I would have to pay for the interest for the entire month on the amount owing!

We, at Constant Home Comfort, are willing to assist the customer in negotiation with the financial institutions, but it is at the discretion of the financial institutions how they will handle the matter.

It is a pity that the customer insists on his misconceptions, despite the fact that we had offered to assist in resolving his concerns.

We reserve the right to take any actions at law or in equity that we deem appropriate in connection with this post or related posts, and any future negative impact it/they may have caused the company or its reputation.

Thank you.