Complaint Review: Consumer Acquisitions

• Updated: Tue, January 31, 2012

• Reported By: INanon — Angola Indiana United States of America
Consumer Acquisitions
1690 Woodland Dr. Suite 200 Maumee, Ohio United States of America

Consumer Acquisitions Mark Kasik Rude, antagonistic, uncooperative career interview Maumee, Ohio

Consumer Acquisitions, Inc. of Maumee, OH. Owned by Mark Kasik. This company does in-store marketing for Dish Network and Vizio.

I went in for an interview at 10am on Tuesday, January 31, 2012. When I scheduled the interview, I requested to do the initial informational interview over the phone (because I live more than 80 miles from Maumee). I thought it strange when the receptionist told me that they did not do informational interviews over the phone.

I decided to attend the interview anyway. The office was tucked away in an office park. Suite 200, which I figured would be the home office of the company, was actually split among multiple companies. I arrived thirty minutes early to the interview and filled out an application that asked for information I had already provided to the company in the online application I filed.

Mr. Kasik greeted me after he had finished with his previous interview and led me to his office. Once there, he asked me if I had found information about the company on the web. I told him there wasn't much information available (check out consumeracquisitions.com), and he immediately told me there was plenty of information. Perhaps I should have said substantive information. I ignored his comment and proceeded to tell him what I had found about the company, namely that they created in-store marketing campaigns for Vizio and Dish Network.

Mr. Kasik then asked, "Why are you here?" I commented that I was here because the company didn't allow for informational interviews over the phone, and I thought this odd. His hackles immediately went up and he then told me I have a "chip on my shoulder," that he is not "desperate" for employees, as I am clearly "desperate" for a job, and that he doesn't need to hire me. So I left.

While I'll allow that he may have had a bad morning, his rude allegations of my desperation, not to mention the inflexibility of his interview process, are clear indications that he lacks tack and business sense. I would not recommend seeking employment with his company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/31/2012 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Acquisitions/Maumee-Ohio-/Consumer-Acquisitions-Mark-Kasik-Rude-antagonistic-uncooperative-career-interview-Maumee-831749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Acquisitions