Complaint Review: Consumer Advocacy Assistance

• Updated: Sat, December 21, 2013

• Reported By: Eward Santiago — Boston Massachusetts
Consumer Advocacy Assistance
24881 Alicia Parkway # E516 Laguna Hills, California USA

Consumer Advocacy Assistance Loan Modification Scam - no question you'll get a modification Laguna Hills California

*Author of original report: Business Under Investigation

*Author of original report: Consumer's Advice

*Consumer Suggestion: I had a similar experience with Cosumer Advocacy Assistance

*Author of original report: Latest on Consumer Advocacy Assistance

My wife and I started working with an underwriter at this business in July 2013. The underwriter assured us, said he could definitely help and we would be foolish not to proceed. He also said it didn't matter what you've done in the past to modify your loan with the bank. He stated our financial status and loan met many of the qualifications to get a loan modification well below a 4% interest rate and principal loan reduction. We paid this business $450 then $1,200 to create the modification package for us. All we needed to do was give them our financial paperwork and they would do the rest. The underwriter stated once we submit the package they created, that they will work with us until we get the new loan modification from our bank. Our bank immediately denied our modification request stating we have a good interest rate and we do not qualify as a hardship case. Everything the Consumer Advocacy Assistance said was completely contrary to what our bank disclosed to us. This company said let's try looking at this loan from a compliance standpoint. So, we got our loan info. from Bank of America and gave it to them to review. The underwriter stated 5-7 business they will contact us. Almost 2 months later nobody has reached out to help us. We contacted their customer service and the underwriter numerous times. They never call us back. We feel they tricked us into believing we could modify our loan and they'll take money from anybody without really looking into their ability to refinance. They got $1,650 and all we got in return was a document that isn't worth the paper it's printed on. We can't afford to lose this money. We can't even ask for a refund because they won't talk to us anymore. Come to find out from the BBB, they are not licensed with the California Bureau of Real Estate. Many complaints are appearing that unfortunately did not seem to be around when I decided to go ahead with this agreement.

Regretfully,

Brad S

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/21/2013 04:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Advocacy-Assistance/Laguna-Hills-California-92653/Consumer-Advocacy-Assistance-Loan-Modification-Scam-no-question-youll-get-a-modificati-1108923. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Advocacy Assistance

Business Under Investigation

AUTHOR: Eward Santiago - ()

This company has an a.k.a. Consumer Relief Programs, 23792 Rockfield Blvd Lake Forest CA 92630, As of January 8, 2014 the business activities of Consumer Advocacy Assistance are being investigated by the California Bureau of Real Estate. Coincidentally, CAA's website has been down since January 20th. Hopefully this is an indication of more good news to come.

Consumer's Advice

AUTHOR: Eward Santiago - ()

Thank you for the advice. I already filed a complaint with that agency as well. CAA's response was inadequate and they did not provide a final response. Unfortunately, the case is closed and it remains unresolved.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

I had a similar experience with Cosumer Advocacy Assistance

AUTHOR: N.Diaz1285 - ()

I had a similar experience with C.A.A about 6 months ago.  After repeated failed attempts to get ahold of anyone within the company to hear me out I was ready to give up until a friend of mine reffered me to Business Consumer Alliance.  They were able to get ahold of the company and resolve my complaint in a decent matter.  If i were you i would give it a try.  Here is the link to C.A.A's profile on the BCA website businessconsumeralliance.org/report/consumer-advocacy-assistance-100116749

Good Luck!

-Nick

Latest on Consumer Advocacy Assistance

AUTHOR: Eward Santiago - ()

Back in mid-September at the suggestion of Ricardo Beiza, I sent a QWR to the bank to obtain my loan documents. He believed there could be law violations related to RESPA. The Consumer Advocacy Assistance compliance dept was supposed to review these loan docs and follow up with us in mid-October. Flash forward to 1/8/14, Harold Feder from the “compliance dept” has no knowledge of my QWR and the fact I already did this process with the bank. He suggests sending a duplicate modification request package to the bank. I am reminded of a quote from Albert Einstein; "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." I stated this is pointless, if you are not going to point out where the violations/noncompliance issues are in my loan. Harold then said, my company does not offer that service you need an attorney. Why tell me to get loan docs that you are unwilling but most importantly, unable to review because you lack the professional expertise?! In conclusion, this entire exercise was just a stall tactic on the part of CAA.

I attempted a settlement offer to which the reply was no refunds. My next step is to contact the Attorney General’s Office.