Complaint Review: Consumer Cellular

• Updated: Wed, March 07, 2012

• Reported By: Michael — Farmington New Hampshire United States of America
Consumer Cellular
Portland, Oregon United States of America

Consumer Cellular Customer Service is deplorable..unauthorized charges to debit card Portland, Oregon

Customer service at this company is deplorable!
 I ordered a phone from them last month. Checked to insure I could port my old cell number on their site which said I was  good. Received my phone 5 -6 days later and tried to activate sim card and then found that the number was not available. OK, so one mistake is acceptable. Then they send a second sim card programmed to the same non working number.  After a wait time of 1/2 hr to get to customer service. I decided that I would rather not have to deal with customer service so I said OK I want to swap this phone for a very basic phone that I can synch contacts and appointments..CS No help here did not know products at all. So I decide on a different phone then Louise(cs Agent) tells ME THEY WANT AN ADDITIONAL $75 to ship the new phone. I said no, asked for an RMA and Refund under their 100% satisfaction policy. Lousie said she would ship a return label and refund my account once the phone was received. At that point I felt relieved that I would NOT EVER have to deal with this inept, unprofessional company again. I'm done Yeah!
The next day I find out they had charged my bank account with out my authorization. So I call them back 20 min to get to a cs agent,(john) and asked for a manager. He said He needs to verify my information then tells me its another 20-30 minute wait to get to a manager. Then I mentioned I was filing a complaint with The NH AG and all of a sudden a manager was available.. Mary I believe he name was. Who Insisted they put a hold on my account and did not charge it. I explained to her that I did not authorize them to do ANYTHING with my account and explained that their "hold" was going to cause overdraft charges.. She could not have cared less and did absolutely NOTHING.
So Not only did they NOT provide me with a phone, or any kind of competent customer service their ineptitude and apathetic attitude has caused me additional fees to the now $215 of my money they have tied up. This company is hands down the WORST. I left Verizon because their customer service was Poor. Consumer Cellular makes Verizon look like a customer service all star.. *********AVOID CONSUMER CELLULAR***********  JUST ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF Big Business Screwing the consumer!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2012 06:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Cellular/Portland-Oregon-/Consumer-Cellular-Customer-Service-is-deplorableunauthorized-charges-to-debit-card-Port-849894. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Cellular