Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services

Consumer Portfolio Services
Irvine, California USA

Consumer Portfolio Services CPS $12 a month adds up!!! Irvine California

*Consumer Comment: No..the point was

*Author of original report: not the point

*Consumer Comment: You Already Know

*Consumer Comment: Why

I just recently bought a new car and used CPS to finance it. I understand you are limited when your credit is less than perfect, but that should not allow them to rip you off. I recieved my first bill in the mail as normal for my first payment. It seemed a little strange that there was no due date on the bill but no big deal right? This month I patiently waited for my bill. Here it is the day before my bill is due and no bill in the mail. No biggie. I will pay online. When I went to the website there is a $12 fee to pay online. No way I'm paying that much. So I call to pay by phone. Same thing, $12 to pay by phone. I can understand that this is probably a "convenience" fee but if you were never given the option to pay by mail this fee should be waved. I know this may seem small but it really feels like they are setting you up for failure by not stating when your payment is due and by not sending out the bill. This just does not seem like the behavior of a company that is doing anything what so ever to help the customer. $12 a month added to a car loan really adds up!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2013 08:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services/Irvine-California-92619/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-CPS-12-a-month-adds-up-Irvine-California-1090253. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services

No..the point was

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

That you had all of the information you needed to contact them, get a mailing address, and send the payment out well before the due date.

Oh and one other little item.  Perhaps if you think about it a bit you can find the relationship between this "complaint" and why you may have a less than stellar credit rating.

not the point

AUTHOR: so mad - ()

POINT is that if you dont send a bill I'm forced to pay an extra $12. It's not right. End of story.

You Already Know

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

YOU signed a contract which details the terms and conditions of the deal.  It also contains the due date.

Why

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

- Okay so you obvioulsy know when your bill is due, and since your car payment does not change from month to month you know how much you owe.  Since that is the case how come you did not contact them earlier to get a payment address you can mail a payment to?  Oh and even if you say you don't know how much you owe..when you contacted them for the address you could have asked them the amount at the same time.

So if you take the attitude of "no biggie" when you say you get a statement with no due date, and "no biggie" when you don't receive your bill...I guess it is "no biggie" that you have to pay a $12 fee.