Complaint Review: Consumer Portfolio Services

Irvine, California USA

Consumer Portfolio Services Deceptive Practices Irvine California

*Author of original report: PHONE CALLS and ONLINE PAYMENTS

*Consumer Comment: Really?

Purchased car in October 2012.  Made payments on time for at least six months then increased the monthly payments.  In October 2013, I was furloughed and stopped my recurring payments WITH an email to the company.  I was contacted by a representative who said my payments were "ahead" and the next payment was not due until December 2013.  At the end of November 2013, I resumed the recurring payments.  However, I was charged with a "return" and "late" fee as the payment was not taken from my bank account.  Another email was sent to these assholes.  In all, I have sent 3 emails without a response AND my home phone is called for 3 straight hours at 15 minute intervals.  To date (December 30, 2013), my December payment has not be debited from my bank account.  This is a ploy to charge late fees.  I refuse to send payments via Western Union as the fees are too high.  I opt to send recurring payments instead - it is MY choice.  I am certain that these A******* will ask that I "wire" the payment to them. I HATE THIS COMPANY ~ PLEASE DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY REASON.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/30/2013 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Portfolio-Services/Irvine-California-92619/Consumer-Portfolio-Services-Deceptive-Practices-Irvine-California-1111575. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Portfolio Services

PHONE CALLS and ONLINE PAYMENTS

AUTHOR: Charna - ()

I work every day - I am not home when these a******* call my home.  I explicitly asked that they respond in email as they have done in the past. Now, it seems to be a problem. Well, I have contacted the BBB and Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. Let CPS explain to them why they're such a*******!!

Really?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

What did they say when you asked them about the payment being returned by your bank?  When they were calling every 15 minutes you did talk to them..right?

Nixon