Complaint Review: Consumer Research Corporation

• Submitted: Tue, January 27, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, January 27, 2009

• Reported By:Kailua Hawaii
Consumer Research Corporation
3830 Forest Dr Ste 207 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Consumer Research Corporation Online Scam Reported to BBB Better Business Bureau Columbia South Carolina

I was lured into taking an online survey and participating in 2 "special" offers from three separate categories of "clients". It was a Vizio LCD HDTV that originally caught my attention. I read the fine print and user agreements, etc. and thought I would give it a shot. After the first of three "tiers" of sponsor links I had already signed up for Video Professor and Netflix, special promotional offers that charged me for shipping.

The second "tier" got me to sign up for some ESPN Club and Google Tree. Again only small fees were associated with these. Once I reached the third and "final tier", I had to purchase a minimum of $4000 worth of goods and services in the form of wedding dresses, airline tickets, and train tickets. I immediately was baffled at this and began researching this Consumer Research Corporation.

Through this website I found numerous accounts of others getting ripped-off and scammed by Consumer Research Corporation. As was stated in an earlier report by a scammed customer, I logged onto the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website and filed a claim. If you are in this same position, PLEASE DO THE SAME.

Christian
Kailua, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2009 02:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Consumer-Research-Corporation/Columbia-South-Carolina-29204-4145/Consumer-Research-Corporation-Online-Scam-Reported-to-BBB-Better-Business-Bureau-Columbia-416654. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Consumer Research Corporation